Breast Augmentation, Natural Looking? (photo)

I am having surgery in mid Dec. & I am a 34B & I was thinking of having 380cc implants with a moderate plus profile but I don't know if I should just get 400cc moderate plus profile since I'm a B already. I want to go for a full look but too fake. I've attached photos. I do want to achieve a full C/small D & I understand that my breast that's just what I would like to strive for. PLEASE HELP!! will not look like the ones I found online but

Breast Augmentation, Natural Looking

+2

I doubt that if your surgeon put a 400 in one side and a 380 in the other that either of you could tell the difference. The pre-op photos in a top are not very useful in making a size guess. Implants of the size you seem to prefer on a 34 band should give about 2 cups of increase in size, but that is a very rough guess. There are no fixed definitions of cup size, and the cups are different between band sizes, as between 34 and 36. 

Thanks for your question and best wishes. 

Natural looking breast implants

+2

The difference between 380cc and 400cc is negligible (5%). If these were the sizes you and your surgeon narrowed it down to, you are pretty much done deciding. If you want to err on the side of looking as natural as possible and/or are worried about being too big, go with 380. If you are more worried that you wont be big enough, go with the 400. Either way, sounds like you will be happy.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Natural Look After Breast Augmentation

+1

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your current pictures but with a bra on it is a little difficult to provide with an accurate advise.

Nonetheless, the difference between the 380cc and 400cc is about 2 teaspoons and it is highly unlikely that anyone could tell the difference after the implants are in place.

In general, 400cc implants should be able to get your breasts to the desired size.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Minimal difference between the two

+1

The difference between 380 ccs and 400 ccs in barely perceptible.  It is rare that a person wishes they had gone a little smaller after surgery!

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Implant Sizes

+1

There is really very little difference in appearance between a 380cc and 400cc implant.  There is also no way to know for certain what bra size you will be postop because it likely will depend on the manufacturer/style of bra you choose.  Try to communicate your goals to your plastic surgeon as best as possible and then let your surgeon choose the implants most likely to achieve those results.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Natural looking breast augmentation

+1

It would be more helpful if your preop photos and chest dimensions are provided. If you and your plastic surgeon have already done the measurements and the implant that you select out will fit your body, then I think it will give the result that you seek. The difference between 380 and 400 is very small. Either volume should be fine. If you goal is to get as full as possible then go for the higher volume. If you want to look more natural, then choose the smaller volume.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Natural Looking Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for your photos. It is hard to tell with a top on but I can break down sizing here for you. Do not get caught up on a cup size. Bras are so different that one might say you are a D the next will say you are a C. I would make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page about look. Then use this to determine size. The volume difference you list here is minuscule and insignificant.  Sizing is not about a number. In fact, I do not even discuss numbers with my patients. If a patient walks through the door and says they want x-cc implants I have to educate them about how sizing works. The best analogy I can relate this to is buying shoes. When you go to buy shoes how do you do that? First you start with the size your foot is right? So if your foot is a 6.5 you try on all kinds of 6.5 size shoes. Some may be tall, some might be flat, and some might be somewhere in between. You would never try to buy a size 8 shoe because it would be too big for your foot right? Breast sizing is the exact same way. Implants come in several different profiles that are like different heights of shoes. Implants can be low profile, moderate profile, or high profile. There are even implants that are higher than high. That would be your high platform shoe. Each implant style give you a different look. Now, your breast has a defined width that we call the base diameter of the breast. This would be analogous to the show size. Your breast base diameter never changes. It is what it is. So now, you can choose several different style of implants that fit the number of your breast base diameter. That really narrows down what implant is best for you. So once you know your breast base diameter you can try the low, moderate, high or really high implants on. The only think you have to decide is which look you are going for. You would never put an implant that is 13 centimeters wide in a patient whose base diameter is 10 centimeters. Half the implant would be in the armpit. So, this is very simple to me. My patients get a few choices that fit their breast and that is it. I will not put an implant in a patient that is too wide for their body because it will harm them over time. Hope this helps.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast implants with natural looking results

+1

there are two sizes of implants the fit every patient well. You need to be measured for the right size. The high profile implants are the least natural looking implants.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation, Natural Looking?

+1

Posted photos in a bra are of no help. Best to seek MORE in person evaluations. My guess would be UHP 400cc implants Good luck.