Breast Augmentation for 44 Year Old Fit Woman?

i am a 44yr old fit/active women. i a stand 5" 4 3/4" tall, i weigh 118 - 120 lbs. i have always been in an A cup and am currently wearing a 34 A . i would like to increase my breast size to a comfort/natural yet very attractive size. i am a runner ; therefore, i don' t anything too cumbersome. i am interested in saline. without physically looking at me - from your experience and opinion - what size in CC would be recommended?

250 cc can often produce a natural result in a fit active a cup 44-year-old woman

+1

Thank you for your question. When fit women want a natural looking breast augmentation I rarely go larger than 250 cc.

However you can use the Rice test at home as described in the link below to see how various implant sizes would look on you.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implant size selection

+1

It is impossible for anyone to give you any recommendations without a formal physical exam.  I can however share with your my approach.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation

+1

I don't like not answering your question, but I cannot, without photos, or far better yet an in person exam. 

I can suggest a consultation, at which time you can discuss your goals, and use some modality of sizing--I prefer having my patients try on implants as a guide to picking the right size. About 200 to 250 cc will increase you about a cup size as a very rough estimate. At your consultation, explain your reason for preferring saline, but  listen to the surgeon and evaluate the options.

Thanks and best wishes. 

Breast augmentation in a fit woman

+1

Thanks for your question. There isn't really a way to recommend a given implant type or size without the benefit of seeing you in consultation. I would recommend that you find a local board-certified plastic surgeon, look at their photo gallery and then schedule a consultation. You should be able to give input into what goal you are trying to achieve which sounds like a modest, natural and proportionate look. As an active woman you will most likely choose a moderate profile implant. As a runner I would recommend you consider a silicone implant because the saline will exert more strain on your tissues by it being more fluid than silicone (called the water hammer effect). This is just a suggestion because the plastic surgeon you choose will cover all of your options with you.

Dr. Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Sizing of implants

+1

Your size will depend on your height, weight, chest width and anatomy and breast width. It is not possible to size you without an actual examination.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS