Breast Augmentation 3 Weeks Ago and Have Movement in Left Breast?

I just had breast augmentation on Aug.3 and my right breast seems fine, however the left it seems as tho when I move my arms something moves not sure if its the implant or if this is normal.. I am wondering if I should go back to the dr and let him know or if this is normal and will pass.. It's not the whole implant moving kinda hard to explains what it is I feel but I am in no pain just annoying since I dont have that problem on the right.. Thank for your time

Movement is not necessarily a problem; in fact, no movement on the other side may be a concern!

+1

Not to concern you, but movement is actually OK, since the pockets for your implants should each be a tad bigger than the implants themselves. This is because the scar you body forms around your implants (capsule) tends to contract, as all scars do. This can tighten to an excessive degree, making your breast(s) feel too firm. Severe capsular contracture can actually make a breast feel hard. So some degree of movement is actually good, and many surgeons (not all, but I'm one of them) have their patients move their implants in the pockets to keep them "open" so that softness and naturalness is enhanced, and capsular contracture risks are reduced. Your "movement" could also simply be the "sensation" or "sound" of movement that you perceive.

At this stage (3 weeks post-op) it is perfectly normal for one breast to feel and move differently compared to the other, and if you are following your surgeon's advice, things should even out as time goes by. But if there's a concern, you should see and ask your surgeon, especially since the "problem" (if one exists at all) may actually be on the side that moves less, NOT on the side that moves! Of course, excessive movement may indicate other concerns, but again, this is something best evaluated by your surgeon after direct examination. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon