Breast Augmentation Second Round Costs?

I had Breast augmentation in 2001 -- decided to have them removed since I was in competitive sports and felt self concious. I'd like to have this done again at this point in my life. Since there is a pocket placement for the implant-- would the cost be a little less in my case? Thank you

Repeat augment is just as expensive

+1
Actually, a new augment at this point may be more expensive as the surgeon must be concerned about dissection through scar tissue which would lengthen the procedure and have more associated costs. I would not discount or minimize this for a new patient; if you were an existing patient, I would probably be inclined to reduce the price slightly as an accomodation.

Second Breast Augmenation

+1

You are having a new surgery and the cost of surgery really is unaffected by the fact that you had previous implants that were removed.  In fact, if anything, the surgery may be more complex, as you likely have scarring for the previous pocket where your implants were removed.  If you are going to the same surgeon you had before, they may give you a little bit of a discount.  If you are going to a new surgeon, there really is no reason for them to discount your surgery.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Repeat Breast Augmentation is like a brand new procedure

+1
Revo, the fact that you had previous breast augmentation does not make it easier or less expensive to have it re-done.  Your new procedure is like starting from scratch at best, at worst you may have scarring that now needs to be addressed because it will affect the shape of your augmented breasts.
When you decide to visit a Plastic Surgeon, please make sure you bring with you as much information about your previous breast augmentation as possible.  Operative Notes from the augmentation and removal would be very helpful
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC
Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Cost for Breast Augmentation Surgery

+1

Each office differs with how they charge for surgery. You had your implants removed in 2001 and now want breast augmentation surgery, this is considered a new surgery and actually, the surgeon may find this surgery to be more difficult than a 1st time breast augmentation surgery.  Most likely the pricing will not be less in your case.

I would highly suggest visiting with well experienced, board certified plastic surgeons and not shopping for the lowest price for surgery.  

Breast Augmentation Second Round Costs?

+1

The pocket that was present in 2001 in long gone, presumably replaced by scar. This will not make the second surgery easier, and in fact may make it more difficult.

Most surgeons would bill this as if you were a new patient who never had breast surgery.

Thanks for the  question and good luck.