Breast Augmentation too Large, What Do I Do? (photo)

natural 32D, 5' 6" and 120lbs. After I had 3 children, Got implants (390cc) and looked huge was in 32F bra. Re-done with shaped 290cc over the muscle and loved the size but the nipples were unsightly and there was a dent in one breast the other breast the doctor thought moved. He just put in 290cc round under the muscle, 11 days ago and again I am huge had to go get 32E bra and I am spilling out. Hate this what do I do, my natural breasts probably looked like a lg B or C although bra 32D

Breast Implants to large

+1

Allow time for your implants to settle, and your body to heal from the surgery.  If after that time you feel that you are too large, have them removed.  Breast implants are easy to remove.  You go through the same incision and take the implants out.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS) to discuss your expectations and concerns.

Wait for healing to complete and re-assess

+1

You breasts should change as healing occurs.  The ultimate question will be are your current breasts too big or are the implants positioned too high. If your breasts have too much volume you could go with a smaller implant, although from your photos and what you have described it seems that implant position may end up being the bigger issue.  Give it some time for healing and swelling to subside and the re-assess.  Your implants may need to be lowered a bit when all is said and done but at this time it is too early to tell.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast augmentation recovery

+1

You are still less than 2 weeks post op. The implants will look very high on the breast and the shape will not look normal for several more months. Follow your surgeon's instructions and give yourself time. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Large Breast After Augmentation Surgery

+1

Dear Pollypocket,

Being at a week or two post surgery means that you have good amount of swelling and you have to be a little more patient as when the final results come to be established you will notice that the size of your breasts did change as well.

Also, you have to let the nature take its course so the implants can settle into their pockets well.

Your current bra size is definitely inaccurate and so you need not to worry sooner than you should.

Please do communicate with your surgeon as he/she knows the full details of your surgery as your recovery progresses.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your question.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

When implants are too big.

+1

Take a deep breath and relax and forget about your bra size for at least three months.  Your breasts will evolve over a few months and won't look so torpedo-like.  You may end up really liking this size.   If after that time you still feel too big, go with smaller implants. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Breast Augmentation too Large

+1

Patience is the key. After a couple of breast augmentations, you realise that you are early in the healing process, and your breasts will continue to change. Based on your prior surgeries, you also know that you should not judge the results at this point but wait several months.  Finally, with your experience with the surgery, you know that cup size is not the best gauge to the success of the surgery as the bra sizing is not a standardized measurement. Voice your concern so the surgeon can monitor your progress accordingly.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Too Large after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Given that you are only 11 days out of your breast surgery, it will be in your best interest to allow for several months before evaluating the end results of surgery. I would also suggest that you avoid bra shopping at this time. You will find that over the course of the next few months that the breasts will change significantly;  hopefully, you will be  pleased with the end results of surgery  at that time. I would suggest that you base your level of satisfaction/happiness with the end results of surgery on the final look/proportionality of the breasts,  not on (rather arbitrary) breast cup size.

In the meantime, I would suggest you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

?? Too Large ??

+1

Patience.

There is no reason to think switching from above to below the pectoral muscle will ultimately change your size. 

However, with the implants under the muscle they often bulge in the upper part of the breast early on until that muscle relaxes and  the implants settle, and they may look larger during that period than they will after they have dropped.  This can take one to three months, occasionally longer. By that time it is most likely that your breast size will be unchanged from the day before your most recent surgery.

Don't rush into a fourth procedure.

Breast Augmentation too Large

+1

If you were happy with 290cc above the muscle then you should be happy with the same volume under the muscle. Just give it a few months before you decide if you are happy with the size. Be patient and let the swelling resolve and the implants settle into their final position. And don't become preoccupied with cup size. If you are happy with your appearance (final appearance) then it doesn't matter what the letter on the cup says.

Joseph Fata, MD