Second Round Breast Augmentation. Unhappy With Results, What to Do? (photo)

My wife recently got a breast augmentation in the last 48hrs. This is her second augmentation in 6 yrs. She had 3 consultations with the DR prior to surgery. She made it very clear to him she wanted the "Big fake Breast look", 36 DD's, with cleavage, sitting up high. She provided the DR with tons of photos. In her consultations she mentioned multiple times high profile implants, he told her she did not need that. She unwrapped them and they are none of the above: size, set, cleavage. Any advice?

Breast Enhancement

+1
Firstly I think your wife has a great outcome and she should be very happy, I do think her anatomy will prevent her from having her desired outcome

Unhappy with Breast Augmentation

+1

If you think that you can still get a better result I would have 3 different consultations and thus far, find out what the best solution is. If two or more agree than that is most likely the right thing to do.

John S. Poser, MD

Different Breast Augmentation Results Than Anticipated

+1

Thank you for sharing the photographs of your wife.

I believe that it is too early to judge the final results of your wife's surgery. Since it is your wife's third surgery, many factors will limit the options a surgeon can take to provide your wife with the size, shape and position of her implants.

I encourage your wife to keep her surgeon in the loop of her recovery progress and to have a little more patience.

Best of luck to her and thank you for your question.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation result

+1

it is not always possibe to achieve a specific look after breast implants regardless of how many pictures were shown to the surgeon. the result will depend on many factors, like skin condition, previous surgery, actual measurements etc...

also, very little time has passed to accurately assess the results so I advise you to wait a few weeks and continue to follow up with the surgeon before any decision is made regarding result.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Results after augmentation

+1

At 48 hours it is far too early to evaluate what size or shape you wife's breasts will eventually be. Particularly if a "fake" look with large implants is the goal, it is sometimes impossible to achieve in a single or even (as in your wife's case) two procedures. It can take time for the skin to stretch enough to accommodate the larger implants. So be patient and see how she looks in a few months.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with a secondary breast augmentation

+1

Sorry for your wife's dissappointment in having what may prove to be a very nice result after a breast augmentation.  It is way too early to make a judgement about a surgical result at two days after the completion of the surgery.  It is so important for a Plastic Surgeon to establish with our discussions with patients what may be possible for a given patient and what may not , and this has more to do with shape of the breasts, balance of the size as it relates to the chest shape, how much breast tissue the patient has, whether there is any degree of sagging or ptosis to the patient's breast shape, etc.  You both seem to be clear in what you and your wife wanted, but there may have been some mutual misunderstanding as to whether these goals were or may still be obtainable.

You may need to discuss this further with your wife's Plastic Surgeon, and give it more time.  Also be aware that no two patients are ever alike in how their results will appear.  Pictures may represent a "wish list" of desires, but sometimes are very misleading and unobtainable.

Good luck.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Unhappy with breast size after augmentation

+1

Sorry to hear that you aren't happy with the results. There are some limitations, however, with the look a surgeon can produce after an augmentation. It appears that your wife did receive large implants, but it is likely that she has had skin relaxation from her previous surgery. This is quite common. The comparison photos are likely patients with little breast tissue, large implants and only several months from their surgery - and, just because they have it doesn't mean that it could be translated to your wife. Their results, too, will relax. Also, there are consequences to "extra large" implants in terms of skin stretch and breast droop over time. I recommend staying in contact with your surgeon through the recovery process to see about other options, but sometimes what a patient desires isn't always possible.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD