Breast Augmentation 3 Years Ago with Saline?

my breast were already sore from time to time prior to the surgery now the pain is worse 1 week prior my period is this normal I did get a breast exam 5 months ago and a mammogram a year ago seemed to be normal I have had them for 3 years and they look good but I am nervous because of the pain...i massage them a lot and wear bra every day sometime at night a sport bra because they are heavy 34dd I am a size 4 and weigh 125...please let me know something thank you

Chronic pain following breast augmentation.

+1

I found it difficult to follow your question, but it seems as though you've had pain for years since having a breast augmentation and mammograms have been negative. Chronic pain from breast implants can be caused by capsular contracture, neuropathies, or other issues not related to your actual implants (musculoskeletal pain syndromes). Follow up with a plastic surgeon is advised, although the treatment may involve removal of your implants.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Pain with periods

+1

It is not uncommon at all to have soem recurring pain following an aug especially if it associated with your periods.You get swelling with your periods and this can cause soem pain.Ice is good.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast pain after augmentation

+1

There are no photos to assess. The large size (DD cup/size 4) is likely contributing to your discomfort. If you like the appearance of the breast and want to maintain that size, then you may need more breast support to avert pain. If there is a focal spot of pain, that might be treatable. You should return to your original plastic surgeon, or another board-certified plastic surgeon if the original surgeon is no longer available.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Breast Pain

+1

The good news is that breast pain is usually a sign only of breast pain, and is seldom associated with any breast disease. 

The fact that the pain was present before implants increases the likelihood of post-op pain. If the implants were firm or hard, there might be a relationship to the pain, but otherwise not. 

Most plastic surgeons do not much deal with breast pain, but most breast surgeons do. A call to your plastic surgeon for a referral to a breast physician expert in the evaluation of breast pain. 

Your normal  mammogram and your history should go a long way to reassuring you that nothing worrisome is lurking in the background. 

Thanks for the question, best wishes.