I Had Breast Augmentation 3 Years Ago, Do I Need a Full Revision or is There Something else That Can Be Done? (photo)

The implants were placed behind the muscle. I'm happy with the front view but from the side they just don't look natural.

Breast augmentation 3 years ago.

+1

It looks like you are developping a "double bubble" from early breast droop off the implants. You should discuss this with your surgeon, and ask about a possible revision. You may not actually need a lift if an implant revision to adifferent size with a suglandular release could be done. This depends on many considerations  and information you surgeon will be able to discuss with you.

South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

what can be done depends on what bothers you.  It looks like you have some sagging of the breasts.  this could be corrected witha lift which could be done without changing your implants.  However, it does involve scars.  You would be the only one who could make that determination.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Implants are in the right place but breast tissue is starting to sag

+1

The very best look after breast augmentation comes from where the breast tissue sits right on top of the implants.  In some cases, over time, the breast tissue can sag while the implants remain in the correct position.  This can be fixed by lifting the breast tissue by either a full breast lift ("anchor" or inverted T type lift) or a donut type lift where the incision is just around the areola.  Consult your plastic surgeon and see what he or she recommends for you.

Richard H. Lee, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

It sounds like you are happy with the implants themselves

+1

It sounds like you are happy with the size of the implants but you do not like how the lower half of you breasts look especially on side profile.  This can be caused by a breast implant pocket that is not low enough or by breast tissue that has some laxity.  Your examination and detailed discussion can point to which of these is the source.  If the implant pocket is not low enough it can be lowered by a revision.  If your breast tissue has laxity in the lower half of the breast this will require some type of a lift.  Sometimes a little bit of both can be occurring.  Have your plastic surgeon take a look at you and discuss these issue and options.  Lowering the pocket is quite straightforward.  A beast lift can also be an easy recovery procedure.

Dr Remus Repta  

Remus Repta, MD

Do I Need a Full Revision

+1

The problem on the side view that is apparent is ptosis, or sagging of the breast, and abreast lift is the solution.

It may just be semantics, but I would not necessarily call this a revision, though it is certainly a second operation. Thank you for the question and for the attached photos. Do make an appointment with your surgeon.

When to seek breast revision

+1

It appears you do have laxity of your over-lying breast tissue but it is hard to tell if you need the capsule surrounding the implant to be treated as well to allow the implant to sit a bit lower as well as tightening the breast tissue with a lift. Seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation is your best choice to see what would help you the most.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

I Had Breast Augmentation 3 Years Ago, Do I Need a Full Revision or is There Something else That Can Be Done?

+1

Appears as if the breast tissue "falling" off the implant. My guess is a donut mastopexy would help. But best to have in person evaluations with boarded  PSs in your city.