Breast Augmentation over a Year Ago but Breast Are too Large What Should I Do?

5'5" 1/2 130lb. Breast Augmentation over a Year Ago but Breast Are too Large What Should I Do?

Breast augmentation is too big.

I would suggest that you now return to your original plastic surgeon and discuss the fact that you feel that your breasts are too large. I would hope that he (she) would discuss surgical options and make a financial accomodation with you since you are not satisfied with your result.

We have our patients try on implants in bras before their enlargement surgery. Our patients then select the size that they are comfortable with. This helps with patient size satisfaction after surgery..

Best Regards,

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

559 E. Pikes Peak Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80903-3651

Breast Implant Revision

We do not have sufficient basis to answer your question. Review the size with your original surgeon to determine if you are a candidate for an implant exchange to a smaller implant.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

1501 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33406

When your implants are too large

the simplest solution is to remove them and consider replacing them.  Hopefully your original surgeon has a policy to address such situations where there may be some benefit for you.  You will be exposed to all of the risks of surgery again.

Other considerations may be worthy of consideration if your breasts have changed a lot since your procedure.  An examination by a plastic surgeon would be needed to assess your situation and your goals. 

If your original surgeon isn't willing to work with you,consider getting another surgeon who is more understanding of your situation. 

Finally, was your implant size chosen by you?  Or did your surgeon pick one by his preference?  There are ways to get an idea of what size implants will work for you and your surgeon should be able to help you through this process. 

Curtis Wong, MD

1950 Rosaline Avenue
Redding, CA 96001

Breast too large

The only way is to go back and get them made smaller. I would discuss this with your original surgeon and see if he will give you a break fiancially.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

3700 Central Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33901

I would recommend making a consultation with a surgeon in your area to go over your options.  If you just cant live with the size of larger implants then you could consider revising and going smaller.  With any surgery there are always risks involved, be sure the surgeon you choose is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

9025 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Decreasing implant size to correct for over-large augmentation.

It is always possible to decrease either the size of the implant volume or the projection. Decreasing size may require tightening of the implant space. If you plan for a consultation, be sure to know your current implant size and shape, and whether your implants are above or below the muscle.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

660 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431

Breast Too Large after Breast Augmentation?

It will be best for you to see well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your situation and your goals in detail. Much of what will be recommended will depend on your physical examination. Are the breast implants too large?  Have your breasts increased in size ( breast tissue)?  Are the breast implant pockets in good position on your chest wall?

You may find that simple removal/replacement of breast implants will not suffice.

Again, consultation with one expense board certified plastic surgeons will be in your best interests. Make sure you see lots of examples of their work.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Breast Augmentation

If you want smaller breast then see a plastic surgeon about it. Try to have the details of your previous surgery such as implant size and location of the pocket. That way a more accurate discussion can ensue about what size implnat to use for the exchange.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

475 Biltmore Way
Coral Gables, FL 33134

Replacing breast implants that are too large

The answer to your question depends on three important considerations: the size of your current implants, how much volume you want to reduce the implants by, and your existing breast structure.

If you are seeking a relatively small reduction in implant size and your existing  breast structure is good, then a simple replacement procedure will probably work fine.

On the other hand, if your natural breast structure has settled significantly or if you are looking at a very large reduction in implant volume, it may be necessary to add some sore of breast lift procedure in order to obtain a result that is harmonious.

John Q. Cook, MD

737 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611

If you think your breast implants are too large, make them smaller

If you think your breast implants are too large, there is an easy your implants to smaller ones.  

Matthew Schulman, MD

950 Park Avenue
New York City, NY 10028