I Had Breast Augmentation a Year and a Half Ago, and One of the Inframammary Scars is Red, Raised, and Very Painful? (photo)

I had breast augmentation 1.5 years ago. Following the procedure, one of the inframammary incisions never healed like the other. The other incision is virtually invisible. The incision is red, raised, extremely sensitive to touch, and much longer than the other incision. I went back to the Dr. once and he revised it under a local anesthetic. It is now worse than before. What should I do? Should I seak out another surgeon to fix this?

Scar issue

+2

It is a bit unusual for one scar to do well and the other not to do so.  Compression, silicone sheeting, silicone topical cream may have been helpful.

Red scars after breast augmentation

+1

The red raised scar in the fold is a hypertropic scar that over time will respond to scar massage, silicone sheeting, or creams. The revision was a good try, however it does back up the healing cycle and start the process all over.

Breast scar hypertrophy

+1
Some additional detail is necessary. When did you undergo the scar revision procedure? If recently, then the new scar must go through the full healing process, which takes up a year. Hypertrophic scars can be treated topically with various products, such as Cordran tape, sold over the counter, or by steroid injection. A trial of either or both modalities should be undertaken prior to further surgical revision.

Robert L. Kraft, MD