Is This a Breast Augmentation Gone Wrong? 700CC Silicone Implants with Benelli Lift. (photo)

Hello Doctors, I am nearly two months out of a breast augmentation with benelli lift. I was initially ok with my results but as the weeks have passed, my left breast has continued to drop further and further. My doctor has repeatedly brushed my concerns away. At this point I am nothing but sad and regretful of my surgery. I spent almost 9K total and feel I was cheated. Please let me know what your opinions are about the pictures below and if I am bottoming out or had wrong implant placement.

Benelli vs. Vertical Mastopexy

+1

This is a frequent question about who is a candidate for a Benelli vs. a vertical mastopexy.  I find that if the only skin you are going to remove is areolar skin then the Benelli lift can work quite well.  The risk is some flattening of the breast and some long term widening of the diameter of the areola.  You will probably get a better long term result with a vertical mastopexy but as long as you understand the difference between the two procedures and have realistic expectations I would think you would do okay.  This degree of asymmetry is one of those trade offs.  

Asymmetry post augment

+1

It is not unusual to have asymmetry after surgery. It is hard to tell from the pictures but it almost appears to me that the right breast is still swollen more than the left breast which has become softer and appears to be lower. If this is the case, the right breast may become more like the left with time. If you are not happy with what your surgeon is telling you, you might consider seeking a consultation with another plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person--which will be more accurate than from pictures. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Gone Wrong

+1

I am really sorry you are having problems with your breast augmentation result. Perhaps the only thing you were 'cheated' on was proper informed consent.  What your doctor may or may not have told you was that very large implants that are inappropriately sized for your anatomy have a high risk of complications that are unpredictable regardless of the surgeon abilities.

Although you have certainly provided multiple photographs, it is still difficult to determine what should be done and when to do it.  Keep in mind, if it is determined that a revision surgery is necessary, replacing these large implants will more than likely lead to additional complications, possibly early like you are experiencing now, or most definitely later in the next few years.

Revision breast augmentation surgery can be challenging for the most seasoned surgeon, especially when the mastopexy may also need revising.  You may do yourself a real service by seeking out and consulting with surgeons that have excellent reputations for revision breast surgery.  Chances are they are not inexpensive.  However in the long run, the money spent by listening to one of those doctors and proceding with an appropriate revision may save you not only money, but also time, multiple procedures, and regret.

Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry

+1

Hard to say without better photos, but the left one may have too large of a pocket, and the breast looks low compared to the right. You  may need a revision down the road.

Is This a Breast Augmentation Gone Wrong?

+1

To comment on the results it would take a better photo to include the tops of the shoulders down to the upper abdomen, front and side views, so I hope you will resubmit with better pictures. But it does sound like the left pocket is either too big or got stretched out by a pretty large and heavy implant. If it turns out you need the pocket reshaped, wait at least 4-6 months after surgery. It will be hard to make an internal repair hold up with such a heavy implant but it can sometimes be done.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD