I got a breast augmentation done 2 weeks ago and I'm a bit worried about my incisions? (photo)

They seem to be getting worst not better? One side is a little painful, im finding pus when changing my dressings and they look they are getting more red.Could it be an infection? what can I do to help my incision heal better? please help.

See your plastic surgeon for red incisions 2 weeks after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs. I cannot tell from the photograph if your incisions are abnormal. It is very important that you be examined by your plastic surgeon.

Incision

Unfortunately, without a complete history and physical exam and through pre operative photography there is not enough information to make an informed plan, please consult your surgeon or another local board certified plastic surgeon

Do I have an infection?

Hard to tell without a better look and a physical exam, but, definitely give your plastic surgeon a call to check in and discuss your symptoms.

Breast Augmentation Incision

It is hard to say just by looking at a photo if you have developed an infection or not. I strongly recommend that you follow up with your plastic surgeon for a formal evaluation.

Hope this helps!

R. Michael Koch, MD
Tarrytown Plastic Surgeon

I got a breast augmentation done 2 weeks ago and I'm a bit worried about my incisions?

Appear to be healing in the posted photos. But ALWAYS best to be seen by your chosen surgeon, if possible.!!!

Visit your plastic surgeon

If you are having pus at the incision, you need to visit with your plastic surgeon immediately. Especially if the situation is getting worse and not better. Early infections can be treated with antibiotics but late infections need to be washed out and the implant removed completely. Best of luck.

Increasing incision redness and pus should be examined

Dear worried89,

Increasing incision redness and pus at 2 weeks after your breast augmentation should be examined as it can be an infection. The suture knot that is still present should also be cut and removed as this can also cause some scarring. I would recommend contacting your plastic surgeon and having him/her evaluate you as soon as possible.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Worried

You should contact your plastic surgeon as soon as possible so that they can evaluate you. You are appropriately worried that it could be an infection, especially if what you are seeing is actually pus and if the redness is getting worse. Many times there can be a tiny bit of drainage that can easily be confused with pus. Therefore, it is extremely important you contact your surgeon and let them know what is going on so they can evaluate you and treat you accordingly if they believe you have an infection. Good luck.

Luis H. Macias, MD