Breast Augmentation Underarm Incision and Muscle Still Painful After 2 Weeks

I had my BA 2 weeks ago with underarm incision. Recovery has gone well with the exception that I feel my left underarm muscle still a bit more stiff than my right. I can raise my arms fairly easily but the pain sensation is definitely present under my left arm as well as soreness on my upper left rib cage. Is this normal?

Pain after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Nothing in your description sounds too alarming at this stage in your recovery. Asymmetric discomfort after breast augmentation is not unusual. Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon, who after direct examination, will be in the best position to advise  and/or reassure you.

Soreness after implants

+1

Some soreness two weeks after surgery is fairly common.  It sounds like you need to allow it to heal a bit longer.

Soreness common early on after breast augmentation.

+1

This is certainly not uncommon after an axillary breast augmentation especially if the implant was placed below the muscle (submuscular) and often takes 3-6 weeks to resolve completely.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Still sore after 2 weeks after Augmentation

+1

Yes, it is normal for soreness and some muscle spasms to continue for up to 6 weeks. I encourage you to call or visit your surgeon to discuss your concerns with him.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon