What do you think is the best way for me to get the most natural results? (photo)

(Measurements at bottom) I think I may have tubular breasts?! They are also very small. I've been suggested different things from different doctors but I trust this site. What do you think is the best way for me to get the most natural results? How Would You Go About a Breast Augmentation on Me? Symmetry? Size? Approach? (photo). 38" around chest, 36" around waist, 42" around hips"

Tubular breast deformity correction with a breast augmentation

+1

You do have a tubular breast variant and a breast augmentation will correct your problem.  This may involve some degree of scoring of the breast tissue to allow it to splay out over the implant.  Your nipples appear a little wide and may stretch out after an augmentation so you should be prepared for this possibility.  

Breast augmentation in tubular breasts

+1

For optimal results you need the nipples in a specific position on the chest and the breast tissue and implants centered under the nipple. In your case most of the breast tissue is above the nipple level and the crease under the breasts is high. If you just put in implants centered under the nipples you will end up with the breast tissue ending before the bottom of the implants (a double bubble). You will need adjunctive procedures on the breast tissue itself at the time of surgery to prevent this.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

For a tuberous breast I would consider two parts to the problem. You need to centralize the breast tissue with an incision around the areola. This will improve your shape. Second, an implant can be inserted preferably submuscular. Try on a few implants in a bra and you can choose a good size.Discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. All the best

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts can be altered and shape improved with implants

+1

Thank you for your question and pictures. You do appear to have tuberous breasts. Typically there is constriction or tightening of the lower pole of the breast which needs to be released. There is a lot of memory in these attachments so it is important not to try and place too large of an implant. If the lower part is unable to relax and a large implant is placed, it will be displaced upward. Hopefully you can find a surgeon who will walk you through the process. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Tuberous breasts

+1

Yes, you have components of tuberous breasts, and an in office exam will be the most beneficial to adequately evaluate you.

Unatural breasts like tubular may be corrected properly today/las alteraciones de las mamas pueden ser corregidas o.k

+1

unatural breasts  may be properly corrected today doing  many things at same time  a perpheric lypo, putting plus together at center middle  chest line,widening breasts dimensions, puting a high projection natural prosthesis etc.

los pechos deformes como los tubulares pueden ser corregidos satisfactoriamente  ensanchando las bases, haciendo liposucciones perifericas colocando protesis de alta proyeccion , juntandolas hacia la linea media pectoral etc

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts

+1

By definition, a tubular breast is one that is very narrow and constricted in appearance.  It is almost as if there is a band of tissue encircling the breast.    The usual procedure for fixing a tubular breast is to make radial incisions in the breast tissue to break up the "band" that is constricting the breast allowing it to then open up like an umbrella.  If you wanted breast implants, I would recommend putting them under your chest muscle.  The surgery could be done through a small incision under the areola or in the fold under the breast.  Personally, I think the incision under the areola would produce the least conspicuous scar.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Do you really trust Real Self more than a real surgeon?????

+1

Why would you trust this web site more than the doctors who have actually interviewed you and examined you?????

We doctors who are giving these opinions (based on two photos and your brief description of your problem and expectations) have nothing invested in your care other than the few minutes it take for us to respond to your questions and our Real Self rankings.  Remember that this web site is about entertainment and advertising with a little bit of medical advice thrown in.  It does not replace real face to face medical care!

That being said, you would likely benefit from surgery that addresses both your breast mound volume and shape and your areola position and shape.  From your photos, I am thinking gel implants on top of the muscle and a periareolar lift although that opinion could change after a real consultation. 

Tuberous breasts are always challenging and great looking breasts are not always achievable. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD