Breast Augmentation Surgery While Slightly Thyrotoxic

Is it safe to have a breast augmentation using local and sedation whilst being slightly thyrotoxic?

Plastic surgery while thyrotoxic

+1

Considering Breast Augmentation is a purely elective procedure, it is NOT a good idea to proceed with surgery while you are "slightly thyrotoxic".  You need clearance from your Endocrinologist or Family Physician prior to proceeding with surgery in my opinion because it is simply not worth it.  Safety first is always my plan.  Good luck

+1

It is not a good idea to have cosmetic surgery when you have any other medical problems going on. It is also not a good idea to do the surgery with local anesthesia and sedation without a board certified anesthesiologist in attendance. And once you have the anesthesiologist available you should go ahead with a general anesthetic. It is as safe or safer and far more comfortable.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD