Looking for Breast Augmentation Surgeon in California or Arizona

Breat Aug Surgeon in CA or AZ: 1) natural "teardrop" results (w/ round implants [not anatomical]) 2) transaxillary incision w/ minimal scarring 3) 0-5% chance of permanent nipple desensitization* *I am aware that dif surgeons employ various techniques they believe minimize/virtually eliminate the risk of permanent nerve damage when performing BAs. Are You the Breast Augmentation Surgeon for Me?

Trans axillary subpectoral augmantation mamoplasy may be for you.

+3

The published reports of nipple sensation loss for periareolar incision by Goldwin is 10  to 15%.  The rate of nipple sensation loss of inframamary incision is less at about 5%  I am publishing my results of 1600 cases of transaxillary subpectoral augmentation soon and have minimal loss of sensation of nipple.  The further away from the nerve you are the less the chance of loss of nipple sensation I believe.  The transaxillary approach is harder to do, and takes more follow up in my opinion, but it keeps all the scars off of the breast.  It is my prefered approach if it is right for the patient.  All smooth wall silicone implants look teardrop when they are in the upright position.  Make sure to go see someone that is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery that has experience with all the approaches of augmentation, that can speak to the pros and cons of each approach and type of implant.  Good luck with your search

You can't order up a breast augmentation like dinner at a restaurant

+3

You need to understand that breast augmentation is a real surgery with real potential consequences and that the result depends partly on whom you have do it AND what your body brings to the table and allows you to have.  You can't just dictate the process like ordering from a menu.  Since you show Dr. Teitelbaum's patient, why not start there? 

But there are so many great breast surgeons in CA, AZ that you really need to go to one who will help you understand what your body will give you and how close this is to what you want.  Don't ever go to someone who will just tell you that you can have whatever you desire - it doesn't work that way.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation ; more doctors than you can shake a stick at

+2

Obviously there are a lot of surgeons who do breast augmentation. The decision to have a breast  procedure is somewhat complex in that there are multiple elements that need to be reviewed in making  that decision. You have mentioned 3 elements: a type of implant, a surgical approach, and a possible complication ( nerve damage).

A through discussion with you of all the elements involved in breast augmentation is imparitive. Your doctor needs to know who you are and what you need, the shape of your chest, the condition of your breasts and  your health status. Also to review the various different approaches to placing the implants, the sizes, the shapes, the possibility of enhancement without implants,  the possible complications of the procedures, the benefits and drawbacks of the various different approaches.

A board certified plastic surgeon is your best choice to give you a knowledgeable consultation of all your options. As you note, different surgeons have their own procedures they like to perform. So you will find different board plastic surgeons expressing their view of the procedure which  they feel most comfortable.

I hope this has been helpful to you. Jon Sattle, MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon of Glendora, Ca.

Jon Sattler, MD
Glendora Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation in California

+2

Most surgeons now do use round implants.  As far as transaxillary incisions go, I would ask why would you want that incision.  What if I told you that the transaxillary incision has a higher revision and malposition rate??? It is a well documentated fact and most surgeons do not offer this approach as much now as it was popular in the past, as we have learned that it is not a very good way of putting implants in.  It has nothing to do with no being capable of doing this surgery thru this incision, in fact it is probably less time consuming that going thru a periareolar incision.

There are studies out there that show it is not the incision site that dictates the chance of nipple sensory loss but it is the size of the implant.  The larger the implant the more change of nipple sensation loss.  As far as looking for 0-5% loss, there is no guarantee that you will not lose nipple sensation.  As stated, incision site is not the determining factor for nipple sensory loss, implant and surgical technique has more to do with it.

Lastly, you need to look and find a board certified plastic surgeon, perhaps some one that you have been referred to from a family or friend.  You need to see the plastic surgeon and feel comfortable with him or her.  Look at their before and after results and believe that he or she can deliver what you want.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Breast Augmentation in Southern California

+2

I can direct you to an excellent breast augmentation surgeon in Southern California. Look up Dr. David Bray

in Torrance, Ca at 310-534-8300. He is a double Board Certified Plastic surgeon and can take care of your requests and discuss pros and cons.

Good Luck,

Leo Lapuerta MD

Triple Board Recertified Plastic Surgeon

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Shopping for a plastic surgeon

+2

The state of affairs in Plastic Surgery is such that you will eventually find a surgeon who will do what you want which may or may not be what you need. There are some studies that indicate incision location has less of an impact on nipple sensation than implant size. Depending upon your anatomy and the size of the implant, a transaxillary approach might not be best for you. In my opinion, the revision rate is higher on transaxillary augmentations and if a revision is indicated you will likely need an inframammary incision.  Get at least three opinions from experienced breast surgeons. Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Looking for Breast Augmentation Surgeon in California or Arizona?

+1

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Breast augmentation

+1

Studies show that loss of nipple sensation after breast augmentation will be around 10%.  Larger augmentation should have a higher rate versus smaller implants. In my practice it seems I have less than 10% loss of sensation rate but I honestly don't know what the number is because I don't keep an accurate track of this and I would say the vast majority of surgeons don't either. Just know that the loss of sensation is about 10% maybe slightly better. Questions like that will only lead you to people who tell you what you want to hear.

For a more natural look you want to go under the muscle and with a lower profile implant.

David E. Kim, MD

nerve damages extremely are rare after breast augmentation surgery

+1

Thank you very much for your enquiry, nerve damages extremely are rare after breast augmentation surgery and you need to talk to your surgeon about the of changes in nose sensation with the patients he treated.

I don't think it's possible for any surgeon to fully reduce the risk of nerve damage completely but it certainly would be sensible to discuss this fully with them.

Best wishes yours sincerely,

Adrian Richards
Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon
Surgical Director of Aurora Clinics

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Don't tie the Surgeon's hands behind his back, to avoid numb nipples.

+1

If you torture statistics long enough, they will admit to anything.  Saying that Trans-Axillary Augmentation (which I do at my California office) has the lowest numbness rate, simply because of the incision location may not be true. Other factors affect the neuroanatomy of the breast.  My numbness rate infra-mammary might be lower than another surgeon's trans-ax record, simply because he uses the electrocaudery more.  Don't get tunnel vision. Surgery is multi-factorial.  Consult good surgeons, look at photos and make an informed decision.

Ritu Chopra, MD