Breast Augmentation Size 5ft, 104lbs, 34B, Doc Suggests 375cc High Profile. Second Opinion?

Hi I am 5ft and weight about 104 lbs. Breast size is 34b. My surgery is next month and I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. My doctor suggested that I go 375cc's which is a full C, he said I got so much tissue on the bottom but not on top and high profile would be best for me rather than moderate profile.Should I go with 310cc's and overfill it to 375cc's or 380cc's. Overfill is better correct? I don't want it to look fake and round or to big on me. I like it natural. Thank you.

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Breast implant sizes and natural results - consultation is key

+1

Breast implants range in size from 200 to 800 cc in increments of 25 cc (which is about the size of a kitchen serving spoon). 1 cc = 1 ml so you can use a kitchen measuring cup to get an idea of the volume you're talkign about (375cc = 375 ml, slightly over a cup and a half).

Fill the cup with water up to the number of ml’s and pour the water into a plastic baggie. Voila! You have a very quick, very rough estimate of your new implant size. However, to get the best idea of implant size, you should ask your plastic surgeon for an implant sample.

Every body is unique and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Make sure your board certified plastic surgeon really understands your goals and desired outcome. Discuss all of the important decisions you'll need to make to ensure the type and size of implant and the surgical approach will garner the natural results you desire.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Best Breast Implant for Me?

+1

Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, the next step would be  to communicate your goals  carefully with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Yes, with saline breast implants overfilling ( to some degree) is important.

Breast Augmentation Second Opinion

+1

Thank you for your question.  By your description you would seem to have a small frame.  A physical exam measuring your breast dimensions would be more helpful in determining the correct shaped implant for your body.

It may be that only a high profile's smaller base diameter will accomodate your frame for the volume you want.  Certainly this volume will give you the size you are trying to achieve and possibly into the D range, but it may come at the cost of natural appearance.  As you increase the volume, the natural appearance will decrease.  This also depends on one's views as to what looks natural.   A high profile implant at this volume on your frame may not look as natural as you want.  A more natural result may be better with a moderate plus impant at a slightly lower volume.  It would depend on what is more important to you, ie size or natural appearance. 

Secondly, overfilling a 310 to 375 might make your breast a little more firm than you desire.  Possibly using the next size up implant and overfilling might be a better option if it fits your dimensions. 

You may want to consider using a gel implant.  This would be a softer implant and give you a better chance of having a natural appearance. 

Best Wishes,

Brian Joseph MD, FACS

Brian Joseph, MD

Second opinion on large implants in a small frame

+1

From your description, the implants you are contemplating will make your breasts larger than a C cup, and unnatural in shape.  That being said, some patients want a fuller, rounded upper part to the breast.  If this is  your wish, you will get it.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Sizing a breast implant

+1

From your height and weight, you appear to have a small frame.  A 375cc high profile implant would be quite a change for you and would not necessarily be a "natural" result and may look rather obvious, although it may look great.  If you are using saline implants, overfill is important but only 15% of the rated volume should be sufficient. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon