Breast and Scar Appearance After Explantation?

I am recently after a breast augmentation with 475cc implants. I am 1.5 weeks after operation, and had it done in Hungary. I was a small B before. Now, I want my implants removed. Will my breast look the same as before? Will I have scars much lower now than my breasts once I have implants out? Is it possible to relocate scars and hide them in the crease of my breasts?

I understood that implants are not for me. The result is okay, but when I read all possible complications in the future, I just feel like i will never be able to relax anymore. Besides, they feel fake too. I would feel much better if I just have scars than future problems.

Breasts usually look fine after breast implants removed.

+2

Hi.

Don't do anything right away. You have very big breast implants. In a few months, you may want to consider replacing them with smaller ones, which can look natural.

Think carefully before removing your implants.

+2

You are very early post-op, so I would caution you not to make any hasty decisions. However, if you do decide to have your implants out, you can expect that your tissues have been stretched. There is some inherent elasticity that will help the tissues contract. However, you may have some residual loose skin. Also, there is no way to magically move a scar. Hopefully, for your sake, it was placed in the crease of your breast. However, if they placed it below the crease in anticipation of the implant stretching the skin, then your incisions may end up below your breasts. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breast should be OK this early

+2

If you take the implants out now, your breasts should return to their previous size and shape even though your implants are quite large (smaller implants would have looked and felt more normal). They should be able to be removed through the same incisions.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

Removing breast implants

+2

Thank you for your question -

First I'd like to mention that it is a bit unusual to decide to have your implants removed after only two weeks. The issues you bring up, however, are reasonable. In our San Francisco area practice we try to carefully discuss these issues to avoid the situation you're in.

In your case, the implants can likely be removed from the same incision that was used to place the implants.

Your breasts will look different than they did prior to the implants, possibly with additional sagging and looseness. Some of this may improve over time given the short period of time you've had the implants.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Breast implant early removal

+1

For whatever reason if you decide to have the breast implants removed now, you probably will not have any residual skin problems except for the scars.

If you are certain about breast explantation, the sooner the better

+1

You are in an unusual situation knowing that you want your implants removed so soon after surgery. If you are certain, then the sooner you have them removed, the less residual deformity you should have. On scars and location, this relates to how they were done and you should discuss this with your surgeon.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon