Breast Augmentation & Rhinoplasty at the Same Time?

I am contimplating having a breast augmentation as well as a Rhinoplasty this summer. Can I do the procedures at the same time? Is there any positives or negatives to either doing the procedures together or separately?

Breast Enhancement

+1
I have done this combination many times and think its a great combo, the advantages of having one anesthesia outway the risks

+1

I would have no problem performing augmentation mammoplasty and rhinoplasty for you at the same time.  The positives are that you will have less down time postoperatively, as well as only one anesthesia time and  operating room time.  Another practical consideration is that you will have only the expense of one anesthesia time and facility time. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Rhinoplasty: Yes (with safety checks)

+1

I am a firm believer in performing a pre-operative history and physical examination.  Combining any two operations is dependent on the health of the patient, the degree of difficulty of the operations, and the experience of the surgeon.  I typically combine these operations and I find that patients do well.  There is no need to stage them unless their are medical/surgical reasons to do so.

Jay Calvert, MD

Combining breast enlargement and rhinoplasty

+1

If you are contemplating doing both of those procedures, I would recommend that you do them together. This would result in only one recovery, the fees would overall be less and I find that you would focus on one procedure. You should be able to return to almost full activity within two weeks.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast aug and rhino

+1

you can certainly have both procedures done at the same time if the surgeon you are using recommends it.  Total time for both procedures would be about three hours and healing from both at the same time will not be terribly difficult.  It is a very reasonable plan.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast augmentation and rhinoplasty at the same time

+1

Yes, you can have a rhinoplasty and breast augmentation at the same time. First, your surgeon needs to decide how involved each procedure will be, how long each part will take, and whether or not it is reasonable to combine the two procedures. If you are having a primary rhinoplasty and breast augmentation, that can typically be done at the same time.  If you are having a complex revision rhinoplasty, and need a breast lift at the time of your augmentation, it may or may not be ideal to combine the two procedures. In some cases of revision rhinoplasty, rib cartilage is used to reconstruct the nose, and in that case you can harvest the rib cartilage from the same incision you use to perform the breast augmentation.  It really depends on the experience and preference of your surgeon. Second- there is a theoretical concern of increased risk of implant infection if done at the same time as the nose. I have not found this to be true in my practice. The ultimate question you can ask your surgeon is if he or she feels you will get just as good of a result if you combine the two procedures as you would if they were done separately. Also, if you do want the breasts and nose done at the same time, make sure you choose a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Anita Patel, MD

Combined Breast Augmentation and Rhinoplasty

+1

Both breast augmentation and rhinoplasty can be done at the same time. There is no medical reason it can not be done. There is no evidence that the risk of infection of breast implants is increased because nose surgery is being done simultaneously. The question is whether you have confidence that the doctor performing them feels comfortable in doing both. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Performing a breast augmentation and rhinoplasty together ... depends on the patient ...

+1

In our practice we consider performing multiple procedures only if the patient’s medical condition and the degree of complexity for each individual procedure allows a combination approach. Typically face surgeries are difficult to perform at the same time as body surgeries however a breast augmentation is possible with a rhinoplasty as long as the total operative time does not become too long.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Combining Cosmetic Surgery

+1

Combining cosmetic surgery is appropriate in many cases. Care and consideration into the patient's overall health and the length and complexity of the anticipated procedures must be foremost in the mind of the surgeon.  In a healthy patient, combining breast augmentation and rhinoplasty is appropriate.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Combining cosmetic surgical procedures

+1

We frequently combine aesthetic surgical procedures.  I always prioritize these types of procedures and as long the first procedure goes well then the second procedure can be done.  If your are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty and a breast augmentation then I see no reason that they could not be combined.