Breast Augmentation Revision... Again - Why Does Left Breast Keep Sagging?

I am beyond frustrated and wondering if maybe I should get my implants removed. 1st augm,2 years later left breast started to sag significantly.I was able to get it fixed with new implants by a new dr 6 yrs later. Again (1 YEAR) left breast is sagging significantly. I can't wear much of anything and I am embarassed. My right breast is perfect. I don't understand whats going on? Why does my left breast do this? I am concerned to yet spend again to have this happen to me all over again?!

LEft breast keeps falling off implants after two surgeons attempts

+1

I assume you have gone to two qualified surgeons and have develoiped the same problem whcih tells me it is more you than the surgeon. Most likely your breast is too large on the left relative to the right. Now that your second surgeon has a familiarity with your anatomy you may want to go back and ask if he/she can fix the problem rather than trying another surgeon.

Multiple Variables to Consider

+1

A few important considerations to determine the most likely source of the problem:

1.  Prior to your intiial augmentation, was there a significant amount of asymmetry of your breasts?   

2.  Did your surgeon utilize different sized implants in your second operation?

3.  Do you have any signs of scar tissue formation in either breast?  (pain, hardness, implant riding high)?

4.  Currently, do you have asymmetry of your nipple position, breast mound, or implant location?

Meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon to address these questions should determine the underlying cause/source of your breast concerns.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast sagging after augmentation

+1

Some asymmetry in healing between the breasts is normal, but a significant change requiring revision needs to be properly assessed before another surgery. It may be due to a number of factors including the quality of your tissues, scar formation, placement and size of implants and underlying asymmetries.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Recurrent sagging after Augmentation Mastopexy

+1

Yes it is quite frustrating to experience recurrent sagging after surgery. Unfortunately, if your tissues are inherently lax or loose, then it will not support weight well. The differences you have been experience between the right and left side could be related to many factors, including preoperative asymmetries, differences in size or skin tone, and the scar capsule thickness and support around each implant. After 2 procedures, and provided you haven't been having intervening pregnancies and weight fluctuations, I would consider a downsize or potentially an explantation, and breast lift. It would be nice to avoid frequent reoperation. Natural breasts do not require maintenance surgery. A smaller breast will be less like likely to sag over time. I would also see your plastic surgeon who can give you the best advice.

Hayley Brown, MD

Vague?

+1

What type of procedure did you have under, over, silicone, saline, smooth, textured?  Did yo also have a lift?  What do you mean by sagging- the implant, the nipple, the breast gland?  How about a picture?

These seemingly minute questions bear on how to solve the problem.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Frustration in Las Vegas

+1

There are a number of factors that can be involved and really the only way to determine a thought for the cause is for a plastic surgeon to meet with  you, go over your history, examine you and then give opinions. The first recommendation I should give you is to return to your operating plastic surgeon to try to determine a plan. If you desire after that, you might seek a second opinion from another board-certified plastic surgeon. Removing your implants is an option but hopefully one further down in the decision tree about what to do.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Sagging after breast augmentation

+1

There is not enough information in your post to really answer your question. Such factors as over vs. under the muscle, implant size, surgical technique, genetics etc can contribute to sagging after breast augmentation. Natural breasts are attached directly to the chest wall by ligaments. Breast implants are never attached to the chest wall and so are constantly being pulled downward by gravity. If very large implants are placed on top of the muscle they will move downward over time as long as they are exposed to gravity.

Aaron Stone, MD