Do I Need a Breast Augmentation Revision? Concerned about Scarring and Not Symmetric. (photo)

on June 6 I had a BA done periareolar, under muscle, silicone, 350cc. On June 23 I had another surgery to my left breast, due to a hematoma. Noticed bruising since the first BA that hadn't gone away and then some drops of blood had leaked through nipple and incision line. It was painless so I hadn't gone in until I noticed blood. It is now Oct 27 and am concerned about the symmetry as well as the scarring on my left breast. Thanks

Implant revision

+2

Your left side looks a little big higher to me and if it is, lowering the fold may help but just remember that your breasts are sisters, not twins! 

Web reference: http://www.sowdermd.com

Breast Implant Revision - Do I Need a Breast Augmentation Revision? Concerned about Scarring and Not Symmetric

+2

If you're saying that this is your current appearance and that your last procedure was over 4 months ago, then I would advise you to leave well enough alone - although you have some asymmetry, nearly everyone does, and this does not appear to be significantly outside of an acceptable range (of course, hard to assess without seeing your appearance before the surgery).  If you want to go larger at some point it looks like you would have room to do that (I'm not advising that either; just commenting!).  But if your sole concern is scarring and asymmetry I would suggest that you avoid surgery at this time, continue to let everything heal, and reassess at one year post-op.  You should, of course discuss all of this with your own PS.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Breast asymmetry

+2

One major problem with patients after breast augmentation is the inability to accept asymmetry and imperfections with the result. Overall I think your result, not knowing what you began with, is acceptable to most surgeons despite the scarring problem. Since you are fairly soon post-op, this pigmentation situation needs time to run its course. Unless there is a major problem with capsular contracture from the hematoma, my general suggestion would be to give your breasts a rest, give it time to heal,and try to be content. 

Not sure I see a problem

+2

While a capsular contracture can be a result of a hematoma, I am not sure I see enough of a difference to warrant any revision at this point.  Check with your doctor and discuss your concerns.

Do you need a revision?

+2

It is difficult to answer your question "Do I need a revision?" without knowing much more about your history.  Overall your photo looks like a nice result but there are areas that may be bothering you that are hard to see in the photo.  I would discuss the concerns with your plastic surgeon and come up with a plan.  Often you need to give your breasts many months after a hematoma and a revision in order to let everything heal.  Often a 6 month to year wait is suggested to allow the tissue to mature on its own.  Sometimes a revision is indeed needed so I would meet with your surgeon and discuss your concerns.  Sometimes a small asymmetry was present preoperatively and may not be completely resolvable.  Good luck!

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric breasts

+2
The photo is helpful. Although only one view is submitted, assuming the problem is most visible in this view, you have what I believe is a beautiful natural result, essentially a "non-problem.". Bring your concerns and questions to your plastic surgeon. Perfection is subjective, relative, and impossible to achieve. Improvement may be possible. Look closely at your "before" photos.

Web reference: http://feelbeautiful.com

Breast Augmentation Revision?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Whether or not you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery will depend on the  extent of the breast asymmetry and a plastic surgeon's  ability to improve upon the breast asymmetry. In other words, if the asymmetry is mild then it may not be correctable.

On the hand, if the asymmetry is significant then it is at least worth discussing with your plastic surgeon. You will need to weigh the pros and cons of further surgery against the degree of dissatisfaction with the breast asymmetry.

It would be much better for you to be seen in person for accurate advice.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Recovery From Breast Augmentation

+1

Your early result looks very good from these photographs. I recommend you hold your judgment for now. It is likely you will get the result you are hoping for .

+1

You ONLY posted the after photo. A before is needed to compare how you appeared before. I bet you had some asymmetry to begin with. So the implants have magnified these differences. Awaiting the befores 

Sisters Not Twins: Realities of Breast Surgery

+1
Thank you for the picture. It appears that there is some differences in the nipple height and breast volume. This may have been the case prior to surgery. When there are small differences in breasts these differences can be magnified with larger breast after augmentation. These differences are usually picked up prior to surgery and discussed. Dr ES