Possible to Replace Breast Implants and Revise the Original Scar at the Same Time?

hi, I have 20 year old transaxillary silicone breast implants which have been very good. After 4 breast fed kids, I would like a revision with an increase in size. My initial scars are the worst ones I've ever seen and I was wondering if it is possible to redo, tranaxillary endoscopic silicones through the original incision site with scar revision therefore providing 2 solutions through one proceedure..an ideal situation...is there other solution are there for minimising scarring-not TUBA! thanks

Scar revision and replacement

+1
It's probably a better idea to have the incision placed elsewhere because revision in a transaxillary incision can be quite difficult. The scar can be revised, but replacing implants would be done through another incision. You can try the peri-areolar. 

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

+1

I am surprised you have no sagging at this point in time. However the answer is yes, scar revisions and implant removal/replacement can be performed simultaneously/.

Transaxillary revision

+1

I would not advise you to have a revision breast augmentation throught the transaxillary incision. Other approaches give better exposure if there are capsule issues, bleeding , etc..

Revising transaxillary implants

+1

While it is possible to revise through the transaxillary approach, it is not easy. If you have ptosis or any sagging that requires lifting the nipple, you will need an incision around the areola and should consider a periareolar approach. If you only are looking to increase in size, then it would all depend on the surgeon and his confidence in achieving the resukt you want.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD