Breast Augmentation with Revision Due to Asymmetry but Problem Persists. What Can I Do? (photo)

20 years old,6 months ago I had a breast aug.Had 300cc's mentor, smooth, round highprofile submuscular implants. Noticed the left implant was higher up and there was a huge nipple asymmetry. Doc said it was normal n to wait it out. 6 months later problem was still there so I had revision surgery (with same doc)this was only a week ago but the problem looks way worse and I'm honestly freaking out. Should I wait 6 months or longer to revision? Going to a dif doc but is it fixable? whats the prob?

Breast Implant Revision - Breast Augmentation with Revision Due to Asymmetry but Problem Persists.

+1

A second opinion is a good idea. You appear to have bottoming out of your right breast implant and an elevated left breast implant, possibly with a capsule.  Repairing your right breast will require at least a series of sutures to reconstruct the inferior and lateral portions of the pocket, and possibly the addition of an acellular dermal matrix (ADM) such as Alloderm or Strattice.  Your left may require removal of portions of the capsule along with lowering the fold, or at least the inferior portion of the pocket.  Both of these are fairly involved procedures, and I think it's in your best interest to get a few different opinions before you proceed with any.  And I do not feel that you need to wait six months to move forward on this.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Asymmetry following breast augmentation.

+1

From the photos, you have a significant bottoming out of the right breast implant. This requires re-elevation of the fold and possibly internal support to the implant. At this point, I think it's fair to say that a second opinion is warranted and you do not need to wait another 6 months.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breasts different

+1

There is a solution.I qwould get a second opinion.The right side has fallen down and the left has encapsulated to the point it is pushing up.It is correctable./Get a second opinion.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

+1

Where are you located? Change docs is the best advise. You have bottoming out on the right side or a capsular contracture on the left causing elevation or a combo of both. If near Miami I can see you to offer advise. 

Problems with breast revision

+1

I am assuming that your photo is your current result.  I see a bottomed out implant on your right side.  This will not correct without further surgery and might even need Strattice if the revision you just had was intended to correct this problem with sutures.  You might be well advised to find a surgeon with more experience. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

You will need revision and waiting will not help

+1
You had even breasts with no sagging or other issues before surgery. Your after results are not acceptable and you need revision. You do not lift. You will pocket revision both side. The left breast is falling off the implant and the right breast is bottoming out. Get multiple consultation and make sure your new surgeon is familiar with revision breast surgery.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation revision and asymmetry

+1

Unfortunately it appears that your right breast inferior pole has been undermined too low and your left breast implant is too high.  This only amplifies your preexisting nipple asymmetry.  your right nipple looks to be about 1cm higher then the left before surgery.  This would be acceptable with appropriately placed implants otherwise you could opt for an areolar reduction and achieve better symmetry at the same time.  While yoiu should not rush back to surgery and some waiting is indicated, you will likely need revisionary surgery.  Depending on how asymmetric your breasts are in an exam with a plastic and reconstructive surgeon revision could be planned at 6 weeks to six months.  It is my opinion that if revision is inevitable waiting more then 6 weeks is not necessary whereas if there is a chance that things might get near correction with time and massage it may be worth waiting six months.  I prefer using a cold-subfascial plane to get issues like yours corrected with long term internal support.  Definitive guidance can be delivered after either more views or an exam.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Breast Augmentation Revision?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Since you are only one week out of the revisionary surgery, it is much too early  to make judgments regarding the results  of the surgery and the potential need for further surgery. I would suggest continued patience on your part, follow-up with your plastic surgeon and calm/nonaccusatory communication of your concerns and questions.

If  further revisionary surgery does become  necessary I would wait at least 6 to 9 months it possible.