How Much Will a Breast Augmentation Result Size Change After Surgery?

I am one week post op from a breast augmentation, 450 cc under the muscle. I am very surprised how small the result is compared to the sizers I tried three times prior to my procedure. I measured today at a 36 C and was anticipating a D cup. I know that it takes several months to see the actual results but I want to talk with the PC about my disappointment. Is it too soon to speak with my PC? I don't want to have another surgery but I feel like its going to be the only option.

Cup size after implant surgery.

+1

It is never too soon to talk to your your surgeon, but you should be very patient in judging the result. It will take weeks for swelling to go down, and months  before the soft tissue stretches to allow the implants to "settle in". Once this stabilizes, you may find you do not need or want  anything more.

South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Breast size after breast augmentation

+1

It is too early to see what your final shape and size would look like 1 week after your surgery.  Although your breast size will not increase with time, the shape will change. It takes about 3 months for the implants to settle in their pocket.  Once the implants settle in their final position, you may like the overall shape and may not want another surgery.  If you are still unhappy with your size and shape after 3-6 months, you should talk with your plastic surgeon.

Sugene Kim, MD

Too Small After Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

At one week post op, I think it is too soon to be thinking about revisionary surgery.  You need to allow your body to heal and the breast implants to settle before seeing the final result (and therefore deciding that you are too small).

Give your body time to heal.  Continue your follow up appointments with your surgeon.  If at 3-5 months post op surgery you are still not happy with the size, have a non-confrontational discussion with your plastic surgeon.  I am sure that he/she will want to help you achieve your goals.

Communication with your plastic surgeon will be critical to help you achieve your goals with the breast augmentation procedure.

In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.     I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Hello

+1

One week post-surgery it’s too early to decide to have another surgery. It takes 6-9 months to see the final results. Your muscle is holding the implant and the tissue have not relaxed to let the implant expand. You need to give your body time to heal and for muscle and tissue to relax and fall into the pockets. You should follow up with your surgeon to go over your concerns.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS