Breast Augmentation or Reduction for Uneven Breasts? (photo)

I'm a 28 year old with uneven breasts. My left breast is a either A cup or small B, while my right breast is a C cup. What should I do to even them out? Should I get a breast augmentation done on both breasts? Or is a reduction of the right breast possible? Would it be possible to even them out without undergoing any surgery?

Breast Augmentation or Breast Reduction

+1
You have two options: breast augmentation to bring the smaller breast up to match the larger breast, or breast reduction to downsize the larger breast so that it evens out with the smaller one. It is up to you which way you would like to go. Best of luck!

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift for uneven breasts

+1

The best way to correct this problem would be bilateral breast augmentation through a circumareola approach.  This will adjust nipple size to match and change volume.  If you are happy with the left breast volume then implant would not be needed on that side.  But you will need a mastopexy to move the nipple centrally and elevated.  The best technique to correct asymmetry is bilateral surgery using a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Solutions For Asymmetrical Breasts

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos that show your breasts asymmetry clearly.

In a nutshell, you have to make the decision whether you want to have both breasts falling into the size category of your right breast (small) or into the size of your left breast (large).

To be able to make a well-informed decision, I encourage you to consult with board certified surgeons who will guide you and provide you with the necessary information for the task to be accomplished.

Nonetheless, I believe it is worth mentioning that if you decide to reduce your left breast then the right breast will have no scars on it whereas the left one will be scarred. But, if an augmentation is to be elected then you will have comparable scars on both breasts with a larger volume.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

A small breast reduction on the larger side would even you out.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

A small breast reduction on the larger side would even you out.  If you want to be bigger then you could opt for implants if you wish. That is entirely up to you.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Treating Your Breast Asymmetry

+1

Thank you for sharing your case with us.  You have a common problem.  Greater that 80% of women have some degree of breast asymmetry.  In your case, I would recommend a peri-areolar reduction, which would achieve symmetry between breasts and your areola.  

Joseph C. Berardi, MD

Breast Asymmetry

+1

A Breast Reduction or Breast Augmentation can be done for symmetry purposes.  This is really up to you and your personal preference.

James E. Murphy M.D

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Breast asymmetry is fairly normal. A reduction of the larger breast can be performed or augmentation of the smaller breast can be done as well. It really is personal preference.

Breast Augmentation or Reduction for Uneven Breasts?

+1

Thank you for your question and for the attached photos. 

Either of the 2 approaches that you suggest are completely acceptable alternatives.

If you like the size on the right breast doing a breast reduction and reshaping of the left breast would be your best alternative. If you prefer the size of the left breast, then an augmentation of the right side accompanied by a lifting of the left side would be in order.

If you are considering an augmentation, think about the use of fat in the right breast. Although the size outcome is less predictable compared with using breast implants, you have a better chance of long-term symmetry with that. Patience with one implant may look symmetric for a standing position still photograph, but when they are laying down implant breast look quite different than the natural breast.

You will face a more complex decision and most when contemplating breast surgery. Seeing more than one consultant will be in your best interest. Best wishes.

What To Do For Uneven Breasts

+1

Thank you for your question and for the pictures.  You already have a number of responses, so I will just say what I think is important. First of all it looks to me like your LEFT breast is the larger one.  In addition, there is a difference in shape, as well as areolar diameter.  If you are happy with the size of the right breast, then reducing the left breast would be the way to go. If you want to be larger, then implants with a lift on the left side would be my suggestion.  As others have stated, these comments do not constitute a consultation or doctor-patient realationship, which can only be established with a face to face visit.  Good luck!

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

How to fix uneven breasts

+1

Dear lopsidedboobs,

Thank you for your question.  I think that this is a difficult one.  I agree with all of the surgeons comments and there is no substitute for a face to face consultation with a plastic surgeon.

Based on your photographs, I would go with Dr Stoeckel's plan of a small lift and areolar reduction on the left and leaving the right side alone.

Good luck.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon