Advice For Breast Augmentation Recovery- Vacation Scheduled 2 Weeks Post Op

I am getting my breasts done on Dec 14th and my family is going on vacation Dec 30th. Assuming everything is normal and okay is it safe to go on vacation, and does anyone have any advice? Thank you so much!

Going on vacation 2 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

Going on a trip after 2 weeks sound reasonable providing the recovery is uneventful.  However, a lot of your decision should be based on the level of activity you anticipate during the vacation.  Be sure you abide by your surgeon's post-operative instructions whether you go on vacation or not. 

Vacation and recovery from breast augmentation

+1

I don't see any reason you can't go on vacation provided that you recovery is progressing smoothly. Ask you surgeon specifically if it is okay.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Vacation 2 weeks after breast augmentation.

+1

If your surgery goes well:

• No heavy lifting.
  • No reaching up to the overhead bin.
  • No extreme sports.
  • No visits to the gym.
  • Walking of the beach and floating around in the pool okay.
  • Read a good book and for heaven's sake, relax and take it easy for once!

Make sure you are going somewhere where good medical care is available.  I once had a patient "pop" a vessel and have a major bleed 4 weeks after an uneventful augmentation.  She needed surgery in the middle of the night.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Vacation 2 weeks after Breast Augmentation

+1

Hi there-

Travel should be okay 2 weeks after surgery- but it's really what you DO on your trip that would be the concern, right?

In other words, going on the trip should be okay, as long as you don't do anything on the trip (or along the way) that violates your surgeon's postoperative instructions.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Vacation after a breast augmentation

+1

Provided that you are healing well without complication, going on a vacation a little over 2 weeks after your breast augmentation should be OK. You still will have restrictions in your activities which your surgeon should enumerate for you - and you need to follow them precisely - for if you have a problem, that will be a big problem being on vacation (though it depends on where you are going). You should also take some precautions while flying to help minimize the risk of developing clots in your legs and lungs.

I usually recommend to my patients to avoid strenuous activities for 3 weeks following breast augmentation surgery and this approach has served my patients very well over the years. 

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Post op travel

+1
I am the contrarian here. If you are doing well, it is perfectly safe to go on vacation. However, if you are having any problems with the implants, it would be better to be close to home---and to your plastic surgeon. If you do go on vacation, remember to ask for help and not to lift anything into the overhead compartments! It's also important not to sunburn on your chest as the skin will be quite sensitive and suspectible to burning.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Travel after breast augmentation

+1

As long as your recovery goes well, you should be fine to travel 2 weeks after breast augmentation. For a month after breast augmentation I ask my patients to avoid heavy lifting and exertion, so take it easy. Hydrate too!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Vacation and breast augmentation

+1

In most cases, by two weeks you should be able to go on vacation as long as you take it easy and do not do anything in terms of exertion. I would not lift suitcases, etc.. But every once in a while a patient can have a complication and not be ready to go on vacation at two weeks

Vacation advice after breast augmentation

+1

The best advice is go to relax and sun. Keep the schedule managable, and if in doubt don't.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Vacation after augmentation

+1

Two weeks after surgery you should be able to travel and enjoy your vacation. However, at that time, 2 weeks postoperative, you should still avoid raising your arms over head, doing any strenuous activities ( such as carrying luggage), submerging the incisions under water or exposing the incisions to sun. Enjoy your vacation.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon