Breast Augmentation Recovery Within 3 Days?

I'm thinking about having another breast augmentation. If I do surgery on Friday, can I go back to work on Monday?

Recovery from breast augmentation

+2

3 days of recovery is not much.  over the muscle insertion will be more comfortable in the first few days.

if your work is not physical, you won t create and injury  but you just might not feel good enough to do your job.

BBA Recovery

+2

It is important to allow your body to rest and heal. My patients are required to take one week off of work.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+2

Breast augmentattion recovery usually takes more than three days to recover.  Depending on the location of the breast implant and overall pain threshold of each patient, the recovery is 1-2 weeks

Recovery after a breast augmentation

+2

Going back to work 3 days after a breast augmentation can be done depending on the intensity of your job. I would recommend avoiding any heavy lifting for 2 weeks, but if you do mostly computer work, for example, this would be fine. Considering it's your second augmentation, the pain will most likely be a lot less. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.DrSchreiberPlasticSurgery.com

Back to work in 24 to 48 hours from a breast augmentation

+2

#1 Most of my patients (95%) never take pain meds for this operation. We are able to make this happen by putting in a large amount of long lasting local anesthesia at the end of the surgery.

#2 Most patients are capable of returning to a desk job in 24 to 48 hours, however for an initial first time case, I typically recommend surgery on a Wednesday, to allow a long weekend and then return to work on Monday.

#3 In an implant exchange, which is what I assume you are having, the return to work time should be no more than 24 to 48 hours.

Each patient, and each situation is different and all of this is subject to change. Discuss your concerns with your physician.

Web reference: http://www.antell-md.com/newyorkplasticsurgeon/breastimplants_nyc.htm

Redo Breast augmentation recovery within 3 days?

+2

Depends on 2 factors: The extent of surgery and the type of work you do.

If the surgery entailed a lot of dissection or taking an old capsule out, the recovery may be longer, although not as long as the first procedure. If it is just a simple replacement of implants with minimal or no dissection, the only concern is the incision, and that usually is not a big concern.

If you have a sedentary occupation and minimal dissection, 3 days may be enough. If, however, you have a very physically demanding occupation, you might want to wait out a few days to avoid unnecessary trauma to the incision.

A quicker recovery is also helped by the right kind of anesthesia. see link below about the use of sedation only for breast augmentation.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2009/03/14/breast-augmentation-with-twilight-anesthesia-a-safer-choice/

Breast augmentation recovery

+2

The vast majority of patients can recover from breast augmentation within three days, provided their work doesn't involve heavy lifting. Most patients who do office work for example, and have surgery on a Friday can return to work by Monday as they are usually off the narcotic pain medication within 72 hours. There are exceptions to this of course and some patients may need a few additional days of pain medication before they feel comfortable returning to work.

Strenuous activity or heavy lifting should be avoided for about 4-6 weeks after surgery.

Breast augmentation recovery within 3 days?

+1
Thank you for your question! This answer will vary amongst each surgeon, and it is wisest to discuss this with your plastic surgeon. In my practice, utilizing the fast track technique after breast augmentations, women are readily able and doing most things virtually immediately after this procedure. She is even recommended to go out for dinner that evening. However, follow your surgeon's instructions for postoperative care and restrictions, but it is common for most women to resume many of the preoperative activities and duties within a week.  It is not uncommon for my patients to return to work after a weekend, such as you state.  Hope that this helps!
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to returning to your specific line of work. He/she will know how you are progressing and whether or not you have experienced any complications. Generally, most patients are able to return to the “desk job” within 5 to 7 days. More strenuous work, for example involving lifting or extensive upper body movement, will require more time off.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

3-Day Breast Augmentation Recovery Realistic - With the Right Surgeon

+1
I have a patient who hiked the Appalachian trail the day after her surgery. Please know that this was not my advice, but it does demonstrate that breast augmentation recovery can be swift and relatively pain free. 

In my practice, patients are back exercising, working and living their lives in 48 hours. No massage is needed. Nor are special special garments or bandages required. Generally, simple Ibuprofen suffices to manage pain. Most patients are able to comfortably lift their arms in the recovery area.

I always advise patients to "listen to their bodies." Unless your job is very physical and there are no extraordinary circumstances surrounding the exchange/augmentation, you should be back to work in three days.

One final note - this kind of healthy and expedited recovery should be expected only from board-certified plastic surgeons with a particular expertise in breast surgery. As an example, I perform many cosmetic surgeries every week - augmentation, exchange, revision and lifts, as well as breast reconstruction surgery after mastectomy. Because my expertise is breast surgery, my technique is very precise. That translates into expeditious recovery times for patients. As always, select your surgeon with care. Ask questions and be sure he or she offers a depth of experience AND demonstrated results in cosmetic breast surgery. 

Web reference: http://www.stillwaterplasticsurgery.com/faqs/after-surgery/

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon