Breast Augmentation- Rapid Recovery Philosophy in my Region?

I've been doing a TON of research, and as a medical professional myself, the methods supporting less traumatic surgery and early movement for a quick recovery just make more sense to me. I'm on the coast of VA (Newport News) and am hoping to find a surgeon in my region who subscribes to these principles. Currently, 5'7, 125 lbs, 34B (though I think my right is quite possibly a 34A) and looking to go up to a C cup, silicone (this year). Any advice on how to narrow my search?

Rapid Recovery Breast Augmentation

+1
It is great that you are doing your research.I recently read a study that showed many women spend more time researching new fashions than they so their plastic surgeon!The 24 hour recovery breast augmentation protocol has been a tremendous boon to my patients.They are a little leery at first but when they see the videos we have of other patients and then follow the protocol, they do great and love it.

While most surgeons today believe in meticulous surgical technique, not as many are on board with early motion and exercises.

In terms of searching, right here on RealSelf is one of the best was to find a surgeon.All of the surgeons on this site must be certified by a board that is recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Rapid recovery in the Newport News region.

+1

Jules, you are exactly right to think that less traumatic surgery and early movement will result is a smoother recovery and probably a better result.  There are many excellent plastic surgeons in Eastern and Central Virginia who subscribe to these principles, and can give you a great result.  I suggest you find a Board Certified plastic surgeon you trust, and proceed with your surgery when you are ready.  You can narrow your search through Real Self, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website, or through word-of-mouth.  Good luck!

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Rapid recovery from breast augmentation

+1

The goal of all surgeons is to have a rapid recovery for their patients. Meticulous dissection, limited bleeding if any are important factors.

Rapid Recovery for Breast Augmentation

+1

I believe it's common practice for surgeons to use these methods. Personally speaking,  I have my patients do a few exercises while they are still the recovery room. As always make sure you go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck!

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Rapid recovery breast augmentation

+1

Most all board certified plastic surgeons will try to make the procedure as easy as possible in terms of recovery. We all will do things a little bit different depending on our training and experience so do not be surpised by different methods each doctor has.  I prefer a trans axillary incision so no breast scar(s)  and use saline or silicone depending on what the patient wants. In my opinion by using an endoscope I  have excellent visability and precise pocket dissection and place an implant with no breast scar.  The fold incision or periareolar incision are also good options as desired or required depending on the patient requests. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Surgical Philosphy

+1

I don't think you will have a hard time finding a BC PS that does not adhere to those principles.

Best Wishes

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Rapid recovery breast augmentation

+1

The best place to start looking for doctors who agree with these principles in with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  They have listings of board certified doctors in your area for you to interview with.  Some methods I have found helpful for my patients rapid recovery is meticulous pocket dissection with minimal bleeding,  IV Tylenol before the case starts and injecting the muscle and pocket with .25% Marcaine just prior to insertion of the implants and cool compresses ttroughout the first 3 days as much as possible.  Good Luck.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

+1

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Once you have selected your plastic surgeon, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful.

For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I hope this, and the attched link, helps.

Breast augment and healing

+1

Most surgeons advocate gentle handling of tissues and minimally invasive surgery. The trend for breast augments is also early mobilization and return to activities. We found that limiting movement after surgery increased recovery time and led to problems with mobility and stiffness. I would consult with several surgeons and find one that has similar goals as you do.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon