Would like perkier breasts with a smaller gap? (photo)

Im 5'2 and 53 kg,athletic i want to get a full c, I also have a gap:( Will like to get more rounder "perkier" breasts and smaller gap What size and shape are you recommending for my body? What incision site and placement will work best? Gap in between my breasts is 2 inch and the distance from nipple to nipple is 8,3 inches how much closer will be the gap after the procedure? Do I need a lift?If yes what type? My areola is big already how much more will it stretch after the procedure?

Low Profile Or Moderate Profile Breast Implants Best To Give Smaller Breast Gap

+4

Thank you for your question. You have well formed natural looking pretty breasts. I do not think a breast lift is needed to make your breast fuller and more perky. A simple breast augmentation should achieve your result without the scarring associated with a breast lift.

Proper surgical technique by a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who is very experienced in breast cosmetic surgery can achieve narrowing of the gap between your breasts.

A low profile or moderate profile plus breast implant has a wider base and using proper surgical technique the implant can be placed to make your breasts closer together.

Please do your homework and take the time to find and experienced board certified plastic surgeon who has an excellent reputation in your area for breast augmentation.

Ultimate Breast Lift produces perkier breasts

+1
There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift. This technique reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to decrease the gap. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection producing the perky look you desire. There are no ugly vertical scars and the incisions are hidden at the areola-skin junction or in the shadow of the breast. Implants may not be required because of the increased projection. The results are stable since the weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle. Nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed are maintained. This technique is custom designed to meet each woman’s specific requirements. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Perkier breasts with a smaller gap

+1

It is important to first understand what a breast implant does and doesn't do. A breast implant is just a pillow behind your breast and doesn't fundamentally change it if it is fit properly and going to look natural. It will not move your breasts closer together and should not stretch or distort anything.

Implants must fit the width of your breast at the base to avoid distortions and revisions. There are at least three choices of forward volume of implants for a given diameter/width that roughly correspond to an increase of 1, 1 1/2, to 2 cup sizes which should be able to get you to a full C cup look.

The gap between your breasts is part of where your breasts exist on your chest and cannot be changed with an implant/pillow behind the breast. Attempting to make the breasts look closer together involves an implant that is too wide for the base of the breast or malpositioned and is a set-up for distortions and problems.

"Perkier" is an illusion of implants. Breasts with more apparent forward volume resulting from an implant look "perkier" as does filling in the upper pole of the breast, but there is no actual change in tone of the skin or breast tissues and they can still sag and lose tone.

I would recommend a saline-filled or silicone gel-filled implant that is the appropriate width for the inner diameter of your breast and about a middle profile that would increase your look by about 1 1/2 cup sizes. This would be sub-pectoral positioning (regardless of which type of implant) and done through an inframammary crease incision for both short and long term results. This could be a 2 cm incision for saline-filled implants and about 3.5 cm incision for silicone gel-filled implants.

The distance between your nipples across should stay the same but they will be out further (profile). The need for a lift has to do with where the nipple-areola sits in relation to the inframammary crease behind it (upright with arms down). Yours looks borderline but not in need of a lift at this time. An augmentation with an implant gives the illusion of a lift but does not actually raise the nipple-areola or breast higher on the chest. Most "lifts" done when the breast doesn't actually need it aren't worth the scars, and if the breast really needs a lift it should be done with a technique that actually raises the breast on the chest along with the nipple-areola.

The size of your areola should not change with a properly fitted and positioned implant unless it is "collapsed" and will look wider from the increased pillow volume behind it. A properly sized and positioned implant will not stretch it. The same size areola will look somewhat smaller when the breast looks bigger behind it. Trying to reduce the diameter of the areola while placing an implant behind the breast works against the result of areola reduction.

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Changing your natural breast characteristics can be done

+1

but there are many surgeons out there reluctant to go beyond your width in choosing an implant. If you want less space between the mounds, you have to exceed your natural breast width so find a surgeon who is comfortable doing this and you can achieve good results. As for incisions, it really is your preference. And as for implant position, find out the pros and cons of each and choose what will work best for you.

Dr. Replogle, whom I do respect, has a completely different answer and is one who will not exceed your natural width. For whatever reason, I have not experienced the problems they worry about when exceeding a natural width (think tuberous breasts - implants always exceed their natural width) so there are options and if done properly, can provide you the result you desire.

Curtis Wong, MD

Realistic expectations from breast augmentation

+1

Your areolae are large relative to your breasts, and the skin of your areolae appears looser than your surrounding skin. As a consequence, an implant will cause disproportionate enlargement of your areolae. I am concerned that an augmentation alone will create problems that will necessitate a lift/areola reduction.

Michael Kreidstein, MD

Breast augmentation questions

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. Breast implants must be centered behind the nipples. Since your nipples are quite widely spaced your implants will create less cleavage than those in a woman with closely spaced nipples. That being said, lower profile implants will give you more central cleavage and a result closer to your expectations. You do not need a lift in my book. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and circumareola reduction

+1

You could be a candidate for a circumareola reduction which will reduce the areola diameter while getting implants. Good luck.

What determines cleavage?

+1

The preoperative distance between the breasts can be improved by attenuating or partially releasing the under surface of the pectoralis major chest muscle origin along the sternum or chest bone. Having said that, the implants have to be centered under the nipples as well. So the implant diameter is critical. If you choose too narrow of an implant then the cleavage distance can suffer. Your surgery would also be difficult if you want to decrease the diameter of your areolae because of their size. They will stretch somewhat after an augmentation so you may want to wait until after the augmentation as the skin relaxes. Then do a periareolar lift or circumvertical lift. I would use smooth round moderate profile implants through an inframmary incision. The volume will depend on your base width or native breast diameter. Good luck.

Kevin Rose, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon