Breast Augmentation then Pregnancy?

I want to get my boobs done for my 18th but I want to have kids when im in my 20s-mid 30s but I know that every 10-however many years I have to get new implants but should I go ahead and get them since my having kids will be far off? So when I go to get my boobs redone should I have kids like a few years before so that when I go to get my new ones I can get any revisions due to sagging or something? Also will having bigger implants make my skin and tissue sag more after pregnancy?

Breast implants before pregnancy are common

+1

Many patients in my practice are seeking breast augmentation procedure prior having children. You can enjoy your new breast till you plan your pregnancy. After having your children it is really hard to predict how your breast is going to look like. Every patient is very different and we have different skin elasticity.  You will have to follow up with your surgeon for the evaluation after your pregnancy. Many patient choose to breastfeed and that also can change the size and the shape of your breast.

Pregnancy following augmentation

+1

Invariably it happens to many people but if you plan to have children soon, then it would be wise to put off surgery.  If you do not plan to do so and breast feeding is not the most important thing to you in the world, then by all means, consider having surgery and enjoy the outcome!

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Augmentation & Pregnancy

+1

If you are not planning on having kids any time soon, and it doesn't sound like you are, I would go ahead and have your procedure!  Everyone is so different so it's hard to say what will happen to your breasts after pregnancy, but they shouldn't have a negative effect on your pregnancy either way.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and pregnancy

+1

When you don't have immediate plans for children, I counsel my patients that there is no real reason to wait.  Most people wish they had breast augmentation 10 years earlier!  You never know what pregnancy will do to your breasts as every woman is different and every pregnancy is different.  (I know, I have 3 kids!)  Larger breasts do sag more over time than smaller breasts do - but it doesn't mean you will HAVE to have an operation again.  Many women have breast implants and never have another operation again.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy in the Future

+1

Many women get augmentation prior to having babies. I may not have much of a practice if women waited until they had children. While the average life expectancy of implants is 10-15 years, there's no "exact" time of when you need to replace them. There is no way to know what your breasts will look with pregnancy and after. Some women's breasts change very little with pregnancy and some have drastic changes. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Breast implants do not need to be replaced every 10 years.

+1

There is no policy for replacement of breast implants at any given interval. Breast implants should be replaced only when there is a clinical indication to do so. The implants will not insulate you from the consequences of pregnancy and breast-feeding on the breasts.

Breast Augmentation then Pregnancy?

+1

The breast augmentation can be performed if you want the surgery now.  It is hard to predict how the breasts will respond to pregnancy and possible breastfeeding.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Implants and Pregnancy

+1

If you are wanting larger breast, go with a Breast Augmentation.  Many patients do just fine during pregnancy.  If you get pregnant, be sure to wear good support bras, and consult with your Plastic Surgeon after the pregnancy.  Plastic Surgery is surgery you do when you need, or want it.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Will pregnancy affect my breast augmentation?

+1

Thanks so much for your question.  It is reasonable to have elective surgery of any type prior to pregnancy as long as you allow enough time to recover and understand that your body may change from pregnancy.  If you were thinking of getting pregnant in the near future I would say wait.  However, you should be able to have a breast augmentation now and then go on to have a very uneventful pregnancy in the future.  Larger implants can make you sag more down the line but it's unpredictable in terms how your pregnancy might affect you and you will need to assess things afterwards.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation then Pregnancy?

+1

If you want the improvement now, you should consider doing your surgery now. Many women have surgery before ever becoming pregnant, and many more after pregnancies. 

Bigger implants will stretch out your breast tissue and lead to earlier need for a lift in many patients. As to revisions, too many uncertainties to be planning out 10 and 20 years ahead.

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.