Can a Breast Augmentation Be Performed After an Areola Reduction?

I'm considering altering my breasts, but want to see what an areola reduction looks like before I commit to a breast augmentation. I think that the relative proportion/placement of the areola to breast is part of why they look small right now. Is it possible to do the areola reduction first, or is that advised against as the implants will inevitably stretch the skin? If I were to get an implant, it would not be drastic: just one cup size bigger. My breasts are currently a 34 C. Thanks!

Do you need a mastopexy?

+1

Perhaps your entire breast needs to be addressed.  If you find your areola is large and low but you have a breast volume "C", you may benefit from a mastopexy.  This includes lifting your own breast tissue, retaining all your current breast volume, reducing the areola size and reducing the skin laxity.  This will often give patients the shape and breast appearance that they are seeking without the addition of a breast implant.  Done properly, your areaol will not stretch.  With time the scars will settle and you will be left with a better shaped, attractive "C" cup that is well supported and looks great in / out of your clothing.  Please see a plastic surgeon in your area for an opinion.  All the best.  Scott Barr, MD. FRCSC, Plastic Surgeon.

Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Breast enlargement will stretch our breast tissue, including the areola

+1

Adding volume to a breast stretches out the entire breast skin, including the areola.  The amount of stretch depends on the size of the implant used.

A consultation in person with a plastic surgeon will help you fully understand the impact of the surgery.  Look at before and after pictures and see what happens to the areola

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Areola issue and implants

+1

Really, it is best to go for a consultation to understand what type of areola issue you have and whether or not it will impact your augmentation.