Strange Pain and High Implant After Breast Augmentation

I had breast augmentation 2 months ago, and I have a very strange pain on my right breast. I really don't know how to describe it; it feels heavy and very uncomfortable. Also, my left breast is higher than the right. Is that normal? Will it eventually drop? I went from an A to a C and I got saline. I'm extremely worried that I will need surgery again.

Breast asymmetry and managemetn

+1

It sounds as if you need  an examination to determine if this shoul be corrected with surgery or could be managed with observation..

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

See your surgeon

+1

Without examining you I'd be guessing. You could be fine or you could need surgery. Get to your plastic surgeon to have this sorted out.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation recovery can take three months

+1

After breast augmentation there is a natural melding together of the breast and the breast implant. After the first two weeks the breast may feel tight and firm, after two months softer, and after three to six months softer yet. The time to heal and adjust depends on the size of the implant, the pocket location, the elasticity of the natural breast skin, and the natural shape characteristic of the breast. In other words what changes are we asking of the breast and what is the time required to adapt the change.

In our practice we keep the breast still for the first two weeks to reduce swelling and inflammation in the healing breast and muscle tissue. This includes a snug bra and an upper breast wrap. If the fold remains tight on one or both sides we continue the band with or without a bra for two or more weeks. We prefer the constant pressure over massage, though after two months massage may help if tenderness or firmness is still present.

As your doctor his routine and seek his suggestions as well. Over the next several months however it is likely your augmentation will become comfortable.

peterejohnsonmd

Toobe or not

+1

Toobe,

I would recommend a call to your surgeon for a follow up appointment. He/she will need to know the type of pain, what brought in on, what, if anything, alleviates it and exactly where it is. It may just be a part of the healing process and, if so, he/she will have some suggestions as to how you can ease the pain. It is not unusual for one implant to be slightly higher than the other in the early postoperative course. Often, the breasts are at different heights pre-operatively and this asymmetry is not noticed by the patient until after surgery when the breasts are larger and being closely scrutinized on a daily basis. At any rate, it may take 3-6 months for a high implant to drop. Again, your surgeon may have some suggestions as to how to help the process. Good luck!

It is time to see your surgeon

+1

Forums like this are great for trying to help ladies having questions after their surgery, but nothing helps more than a visit to your personal surgery.

There is no surgeon that can diagnose what is going on with the limited information that you gave. Are implants above or below the muscle? What incision was used? What size and style of implants? What did your breasts look like before surgery? What was done during surgery? Did the surgeon have any technical problems? How was the initial recovery? How do things look to the surgeon?

There are so many questions that need to be answered in order to understand why you are asymmetric and why you are having pain.

Go see your doctor and get examined.

Good luck!

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon