Will Breast Augmentation Help Nipple to Crease Ratio?

I am waiting for a breast augmentation which Is due in one month. I have a minor degree of tubular breast which is mainly due to the short distance of nipple to crease ratio which is 0.5 cm I have been advised for a normal breast augmentation dual plane placed using round high profile implants. Is this likely to cure the nipple to crease ratio or will I just have a larger version of what I have already? Thank you.

Tuberous breasts and shortened nipple to fold distance corrected with dual plane approach

+1

IT sounds as if the proper approach for treatment of the tuberous breasts has been recommended. It may take 6-9 months to assess the results of surgery.

Breast Augmentation for Tubular Breast Deformity

+1

Hi there-

Breast augmentation is certainly a component of the correction you need, but the technique is important.

It is occasionally advisable to consider a periareolar breast lift at the time of the augmentation in order to achieve the round appearance most young women want.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Tubular breast deformity

+1

If you have a tubular breast deformity often the lower pole is pretty tight and this willmost likely need to be released in some fashion.  Depending upon the severity of your tubular deformity will determine how successful the result will be.

Tubular breast deformity

+1

Breast augmentation will lengthen the distance from the nipple to the crease, which improves the appearance of the breast.  Your surgeon will likely perform a release of the tissues which will also help to achieve a more aesthetic breast.  Tubular breast deformity is a challenging problem, so try to be realistic about your expectations.  Good luck and best wishes, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Tubular Breast Deformity

+1

If done correctly, the planned approach for you should work, as long as your surgeon releases the tissues internally ( called radial scoring) and lowers your fold.  If you do not release the constricted tissues internally, they will have a hard time stretching out and forming a natural looking breast.  Also, if you do not lower the fold in your case ( 5 cm is short), then the implant will appear too high and the nipple will sit off the bottom of the implants.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Correction of tubular breast

+1

If you have only a minor degree of tubular breast deformity and your nipple to crease distance is 5cm (0.5 cm would be unusual), then it is possible that simple breast augmentation may provide you with a satisfactory result. However, your surgeon may discuss with you the possible need for internal release of tissues if it appears that there is persistence of grooving in the lower part of the breasts after the implants are placed.

Also, if you have protrusion (herniation) of the nipple areolar areas as part of your tubular breast appearance, then you may also need incisions around the areolar margins to help recess these areas. A silicone implant is a good choice to minimize palpability if the tissues need to be thinned significantly to try to release the constricted creases at the bottoms of the breasts.

Michael D. Yates, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation to help nipple to crease ratio

+1

Another great question. I assume you meant 5 cm distance or you needed an additional 5 cm?? Also photos help! I would try an expander implant to help stretch the crease by slow enlarging of the implant as one idea. Another is to plan on a staged operation if not happy with the first resultant operation. Also placement location of the implant can effect the result. I might try partial muscle (superior only) coverage. Also fat grafting to the crease area may improve. So you see, without photos or an in person examination very difficult to give definitive advise.

From MIAMI dr. B

Tubular breasts require reconstruction of breast tissue itself.

+1

Hi.

1) This is a difficult problem and it takes a sophisticated approach. Just doing a breast augmentation with the anatomy that you describe will give you a bad result..

2) At least, the lower part of the breast tissue has to be released with incisions from the inside.

3) We believe that to improve the shape of the breasts, breast implants are best placed over the muscle.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Risks with augmentation in short nipple to crease distance

+1

Most likely the distance is 5 cm which is on the short side, about 2 inches. The main risk is that if the fold has to be lowered too much then you might get the "double bubble" problem. Implant selection in terms of base diameter and profile are critical, and high profile is often a good choice. My own preference would be to do a split muscle technique, which may help minimize the risk of double bubble, but dual-plane is certainly the most common.

Richard Baxter, MD

Nipple to crease ratio very short?

+1

It would be extremely unusual to have a nipple to crease ratio of 0.5cm. That is way too small. A part of your procedure would require releasing the crease so that you can increase the length from nipple to crease. If you have a tubular breast, a part of the procedure is to release the tubular breast tissue with a procedure called "radial scoring." That is part of the augmentation and done at the same time. Good luck.

Sirish Maddali, MD