Breasts Post-op Are Different

Had a breast augmentation 8 months ago, 1 breast has always been different.  One breast is a lot harder than the other and uncomfortable to lay on. The other is fine and feels like my own. Should I be worried???

Breasts Post-op Are Different

+1

This sounds suspicious for capsular contracture and I would discuss this wiith your plastic surgeon. Accolate or singulair and exercises could help.  

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Breasts different after augmentation

+1

Breasts that are asymmetric before augmentation are more challenging to attain symmetry with breast augmentation, but often times symmetry can be better after surgery.  However with that being said, it is not unusual for your breasts to  look and feel different after surgery.  You do not state if you have saline or silicone implants, but if they are silicone, and one feels much harder than the other, then I woud be highly suspicious that you are likely developing a capsular contracture.  If you have saline, it may simply be that one implant was filled more than the other to attain symmetry, so it may feel harder than the other.  But the fact that you have dscomfort when you lay on your stomache, this again raises suspision that you may have a capsular contracture.  You should be evaluated for that, and your surgeon can go over your options if you do have a capsular contracture.  Good luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Potential Scarring of Breast Implants (Capsular Contracture)

+1

At 8 months after a Breast Augmentation you are looking at the final result. Although minor asymmetries between breasts are very common because the vast majority of women have asymmetric breasts, your breast(s) should NOT be "a lot harder than the other and uncomfortable to lay on" . That suggests significant scarring around the breast implant (Capsular Contracture) is taking place. Your best option is to be evaluated by your Plastic surgeon and see what he suggests.

Breast augmentation

+1

In general, all breasts are different. There is always some asymmetry.  One breast is also usually a bit narrower, and therefore when implants are placed one may feel firmer than the other. However, I would check with your surgeon to make sure everything is all right.

Results after breast augmentation

+1

It is not uncommon to have some difference in the size or appearance of the breasts after augmentation. Often these differences improve or resolve over time. If you are having continued discomfort after surgery, however, you should have your plastic surgeon evaluate you for capsular contracture. This is a condition which may develop in one or both breasts after augmentation, and can lead to persistent pain and distortion of the breast.