Breast Augmentation and Mastopexy 3 Weeks Ago - Now Considering Removal

I had a breast augmentation and mastopexy 3 weeks ago.Before the surgery I was a B cup,now I'm a C cup.I had 330 cc silicone implants combined with a lollipop lift.My left breast developed a double bubble.I do have a better cleavage,but I'm not happy with an overall result,my breasts look too fake and left one is smaller and has a double bubble. I would like to know what will happend if I decide to remove my implants?What would you suggest in my situation? Thank you so much!

Removal of Breast Implants

+5

I never combine implants and a full mastopexy on large breasted women because of this potential outcome.  Many do, but sometimes placing an implant in combination with breast lift can leave a catastrophe behind.  Your result on the left is not good and it won't improve with time. 

My suggestion is reoperation for removal of the implants.  Your size was fine, the decision to go larger was a poor one unfortunately.  All you need is an effective lift and tightening of your breast tissues.  If in the future you want to be extremely large breasted then you can get an implant but your body doesn't need it nor does it look good with it (out of clothing).  Tough case, thanks for the photos, they helped get some real answers for a tough problem. 

Web reference: http://www.breastreconstructionmatters.com/support/doctor-finder?zip=75231&submit.x=14&submit.y=9

Implant problems

+4

Your mastopexy may have ben all you needed. Now you have a double bubble on the left because the implant is low. You may want the implants our and see how things respond.

Breast augmentation

+3

The preoperative pictures show that you realy needed a good MastopexyONLY.

The post op pictures are a major problem. Need revisional surgery, The inframammmary line has been dropped now you have a double fold. Correction is not easy.

You can remove the implants now and you will not need to do a cpsulectomy (can be done under local anesthesia) let things heal for 6 months then reevaluate what needs to be done

Unhappy following a mastopexy-augmentation with a double bubble deformity

+2

If you want to remove the breast implants now, it would be an opportune time as the skin has not fully accomodated to the underlying implant. You can then give it 6 months to a year and decide from there what you want to do.

The double bubble deformity of the left side will not improve very much with time and it can be quite difficult to correct. Ultimately, if you still want to be slightly larger, you will need to have a higher profile implant where your risk for re-precipitating this double bubble deformity will be decreased. This can either be done as part of a corrective surgery with implant exchange or after waiting approximately 6 month to a year after explantation.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Recovery from Breast Implants

+1

You are still in the early post operative period.  So, there is still swelling and the implants have not settled.  It is too early to start getting worried as you should see positive changes over the next few months of recovery.  My recommendation is to wait at least 3 to 6 months before considering any changes.  At that point, you may not even require any changes and be very happy with the results.  If you do need any revision, it will likely be a less involved procedure than your original operation.  Hang in there.

Good Luck.

Wait for revision surgery 3 weeks after breast surgery

+1

I suggest that you be patient.  Your photos do appear to show some things that you are not happy about.  However, it has only been 3 weeks since your surgery and you are still in an early healing period.  Great changes are expected for several months after any procedure.  You may indeed need or want a revision, but what you see today may not be what you see in 6 months.  It may get worse and you need more done, or it may even improve so you need nothing.  Be patient and let your surgeon help you understand everything that is going on.

Breast implant removal

+1

Either revisionary surgery to improve the position of the implant(s) or explantation may be indicated.

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Occasionally, I see patients who just want the implants removed because they don't want the implants "to be a part of them" anymore.  Make sure you think about this and that this is the right thing for you.  It's difficult to say if you need a lift after removal -- no one will know exactly what your breasts will look like after the implants are removed until it is done.  Talk to a well-trained and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and get good advice.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Removal of breast implants

+1

I know it's only been 3 weeks since your surgery, but I would recommend waiting about 2-3 months for the implants to fully settle.  Then, you'll most likely need revision surgery to get a more aesthetically pleasing appearance to your breasts.   Talk with your plastic surgeon about how this can be done.

Web reference: http://www.BaltimorePlasticSurgery.com

Unhappy with implants

+1

If you really wanted the volume, and were not convinced it was the 'right thing' by others, then it may pay to wait at least three months to see how the breast shapes around the implant and see if the double bubble will resolve. If your heart was never in the implants, removal sooner rather that later is best and move forward with the lift alone.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.