Can I Have a Breast Augmentation That Lifts the Breast Without Making Them Larger?

What type of augmentation is best for after breastfeeding to fill the loose skin and make breasts sag less? Return to pre-pregnancy size?

Augment for lift only

+1
If you had a lot of breast ptosis or sagging of the skin, a mastopexy alone would make the breasts smaller so you are correct that this could be addressed with a small implant to prevent a loss of volume. However, just an augment might not be enough to lift the breasts particularly if you wanted to stay relatively small. You need to discuss the surgical alternatives with a board certified plastic surgeon and then consider your options.

Implants are to increase breast size, lifts are to lift the breasts

+1

Implants make you bigger, period. The give you VERY little, if any of a lift. Breast lifts are designed to elevate the breasts on the chest. If you don't want to be bigger, don't get breast implants. If you want to be lifted, get a breast lift. If you want both, get both.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Surgery

+1

It sounds like what you are describing is  breast lift surgery. What this does is remove any excess skin and tighten surronding supporting tissue to give you a tighter high look. There are different types of breast lifts, depending on how much your breasts are sagging. I would suggest seeing a plastic surgeon and setting up a consultation to see exactly what you are a canidate for.  

Web reference: http://www.drfiorillo.com/breast/breast-lift/

Breast Augmentation/Lift

+1

Without pictures I cannot tell you exactly what you need, but I can give you general advice from my experience operating on patients that have been pregnant.

To correct the changes the breasts undergo post pregnancy and breast-feeding, a surgeon will typically advise you to have both a breast augmentation to help with the fullness and a lift to help with the skin laxity. If you opt for just a breast lift, your breast size will decrease, therefore a breast augmentation with a smaller implant could be just what you need.

I suggest you do some research by looking up different board certified plastic surgeons and viewing their before and after gallery. I have before and after photos and detailed information about the procedure on my website if you are interested in more information.

Web reference: http://plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com/breast-augmentation.html

Augmentation without increase size....

+1

The only way you can have an augment without increasing size is to have a concommittant reduction... and this is what I do when patients come in with very saggy, atrophic breasts and are desiring the look of implants.  You just have to understand that when the time comes for you to give up your implants, your breasts will be much smaller now (but perky).

Lifts alone do not provide much upper pole fullness and depending on technique, many will "bottom out" so choose your surgeon carefully and make sure you are communicating your desires so that he/she can assure you your goals will be met. 

Breast implants and volume vs. lift

+1

Breast implants are synthetic pillow volume. The fill out and enlarge the look of the breast but do not lift or reposition it (although they can give the illusion of a lift). A lift procedure, properly done, moves the nipple-areola and breast up higher on the chest wall and readjusts the skin around it but doesn't change the size significantly (although it can look larger). Neither procedure will change your skin or tissue tone or keep it from sagging/stretching. This is true of lifting or filling out facial skin as well. 

In the future, the best answer to your situation may be fat grafting along with true tightening or restored tone of skin/tissues. I would not currently recommend this because the best way to do this, consistent results, and the issue of changing breast cancer risk has not been well established. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Lifting the breasts w/o making them larger

+1

If you have enough tissue (stuff!) to make an "uplifted" breast the size you want, then you do not have to have an implant. Usually, what you see while wearing a bra pre-operatively is what you will get without an implant. A qualified Plastic Surgeon can examine you and give you options.

Grand Junction Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation that lifts the breast

+1

There is no such thing as a breast augmentation that lifts the breast.  All an implant is designed to do is to add volume to the breast, to make it bigger.  Breast implants could be little bags of breast tissue.  There is nothing in a breast implant that can lift your breast.  If you truly need a breast lift then that would be a different operation completely and could be done with or without adding a breast implant.

Breast implants + Sagging Breasts = Rock in a sock!

+1

Implants do not lift breasts- they only make them bigger.

A breast lift that focuses on breast tissue is the best way to go.

Can implant lift breasts without making them larger?

+1

I cannot properly give you a recommendation without examining you.  However, please consider the followings.  If you are happy with your current breast size but not with shape (due to saggy, hanging breasts), then you will just need a lift, i.e. mastopexy.  If you want to have larger, fuller size, but happy with your breast shape, then you will need implant.  If you have loose skin and want to be fuller, then you will need both implants and lift.  Please visit with a plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com