Breast Augmentation Left Not Dropping 4 Months Post-Op. Will They Be Symmetrical Soon? (photo)

I am 4 months post-op (with 250cc sub-muscular, textured gel implants) and the left implant is still sitting higher than the right. After massage and wearing a strap they sit relatively evenly but it only takes a few minutes for the left to rise up again and the nipples look very uneven. Shall I be wearing the strap 24 hours a day or just do the massage? Is there still a chance the left will drop to match the right at this late stage? I am worried I will need revision surgery...

Symmetry after breast augmentation

+1

For starters, very few of us are perfectly symmetrical. From your pictures the asymmetry that I see is that the left nipple is somewhat lower than the right--which it was pre-operatively. This may make it appear that there is more fullness above the nipple and therefore higher. In my opinion, your pictures show a very nice result and do not indicate a need for any revisionary surgery.  But pictures don't tell the whole story and are no substitute for an actual examination. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and you can always get a second opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Asymmetry?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you know, you had some degree of breast asymmetry prior to surgery. Your  left breast appeared smaller and “tighter” than the right side. The asymmetry that you are referring to currently is visible in your postoperative picture;  I think that you are correct in that the left breast implant is “sitting higher” than the right side. I would suggest that you could to to follow up with your plastic surgeon,  and use the strap and/or massage as he/she asks you to.

At this point, I would not suggest that you consider revisionary surgery;  evaluate the end results closer to one year post op.

Asymmetry is frequently the photographic technique

+1

Do you have pre and postoperative photos which show the top of your shoulders? There are many patients with slight scoliosis that never see it until postoperatively after their augmentation. Then, they see the asymmetry through a new "lens" because everything is different. To me, your axiallas are at different heights on your postops. Plus, you need someone else to take the picture.  Put a dot on each AC joint, relevel them in a mirror and retake the photo.

David Janssen, MD, FACS
Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon

You have very good result from implant augmentation

+1

Your before pictures show very uneven breast and your left breast has narrower base. I would not recommend any revision. Breast augmentation with implants has limitations and should not expect identical breasts after surgery. Your surgeon has done a good job and you should continue to see him/her.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric Result After Breast Augmenation?

+1

From your photos, it appears that you have a relatively even and symmetric result from your augmentation. I would not recommend any additional surgery at this time and watch as the implants should continue to settle over time. Additional surgery is not warranted in relation to the photos you posted.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast Augmentation Left Not Dropping 4 Months Post-Op. Will They Be Symmetrical Soon?

+1

Maybe I'm missing something on your posted photos, but I think you have a very nice result. Maybe additional views of the breasts would more clearly show the issue. But I feel no revision is needed.