Will Getting a Breast Augmentation Negatively Affect Laser Tattoo Removal on My Back?

I'm currently undergoing tattoo removal, the process is going to take up to a year, and more than likely longer. Im opting to have my breasts done, will the surgery affect my laser tattoo removal in any negative way? Should I wait after a year when my tattoo is removed/lightened or can I go in between laser removal sessions to get my breast done? (tattoo being removed is on my back)

Augmentation Will Not Affect Laser Tattoo Removal

+1

A breast augmentation surgery not affect your tattoo removal by laser at all, since your tattoo is located on your back.  The only consideration is that you probably will not want to lie prone for the laser treatment for awhile after your augmentation.

No Problem, Continue With Your Tattoo Removal & Breast Augmentation Plans

+1

No problem, continue with your tattoo removal & breast augmentation plans.  For a few weeks, during the early portion of your recovery, you will not want to lay on your chest, but your tattoo removal doctor can use an alternative position.

BTW patients with chest and breast tattoos frequently choose breast augmentation, which slightly alters their tattoos, but rarely creates any disadvantage.  Breast lift (mastopexy) or tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) does remove loose skin, any occasionally some of the prior tattoo, but tattoo artists can go back later and adapt the designs.

Hope this helps you.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Back tattoo removal and breast augmentation

+1
Having breast augmentation with laser tattoo removal on your back should not cause any problems for your implants other than perhaps some discomfort lying on your implants while having laser treatment on your back.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo and Breast augmentation

+1

I do not think that there should be any problem having a tattoo removed and undergoing a breast augmentation, Good luck.

BBa and tattoo removal

+1

Hi, absolutely nothing to worry about.   Tatto removal is safe and won't affect your results at all.  

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD

One thing has nothing to do with the other....

+1

Thank you for the question.  Laser tattoo removal on the back has zero to do with your breast enhancement.  Continue to get the tattoo removed and speak to a board certified plastic surgeon about breast enhancement.  There is no reason you cannot do both.....  Good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

You can get breast augmentation and still have laser tattoo removal

+1

No, it shouldn't interfere in a significant way. The one thing you want to keep in mind is that you don't want to have any open wounds on your body when you get breast augmentation. It could increase the chance of infection that may cause infection around your implants. 

As long as you don't blister and scab, it is okay.  If you do have blisters and/or scab from laser tattoo removal, wait until your wounds are healed before having breast augmentation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Laser tattoo removal and BA

+1

Once you are healed from your breast surgery (about 3+ weeks), you can certainly go ahead with your tattoo removal.  There is no issue there, other than being comfortable while lying on your stomach.

Good luck!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Breast Augmentation and Laser Tattoo Removal?

+1

No  breast augmentation will not have any effect on laser tattoo removal.

Concurrent breast surgery and tattoo removal

+1
You should be able to have your breast surgery done while concurrently having your tattoo treated with laser. I do not believe that this will negatively impact proper healing of your breast implants.  Just wait a few weeks after your surgery to have your next session of laser treatment.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon