2nd Breast Augmentation, Going Larger. 350cc vs. 375cc?

i'm 5'2 100lbs small frame. I have silicone gel implants 275cc. I wear a 32c bra right now and its a tad too big. I want to go bigger and am trying to decide 350 or 375 and if i need, high profile, mid or low. I don't want barbie doll i would just like to look like i do when i wear padded bras. The first 3 pics attached are photos without padding and the last it what i would like to look like (i.e me with padding). Please help

Breast implant sizing

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

75cc increase will not be enough!

+1

Since you want to be larger, you want to be able to see a difference. 75cc is 2 1/2 ounces, or less than a fourth of a can of soda pop! Over an entire breast, this will be larger, but by a truly minimally-visible amount. I tell patients that it generally takes about 250cc to equal one cup size, so 75cc is ONLY 1/3 cup size larger (barely visible). 100cc would be less than 1/2 cup larger, which is why the majority of my colleagues (and I) recommend (at least) the 100cc increase.

As far as profile, this would be chosen on the basis of your breast base diameter. I suspect that you would be fine with the moderate (widest) profile implants, which would also yield the closest (most narrow) cleavage without a wide space between your breasts. But if your chest is quite narrow or your breast base diameters are narrow, then you might need the moderate plus implants.

Go with the 100cc increase; you won't regret your decision! Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Revision

+1

There isn't much difference between 350 and 375. Typically the most common complaint is that patients wish they would have gone larger as I'm sure you could attest to. So I would say do the 375. The profile depends on the type of look you are going for and what will fit on your rib cage There is no one best profile as different people have different ideas of what looks good.

David E. Kim, MD

I had 275 cc implant, want to go larger. 350 or 375?

+1

You could fill a plastic bag with a 100 cc of water and place it in a bra bellow your breast and see what it does. The breast measurements are also important. But it is hardly worth going through an operation for less than a 100 cc increase.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant exchange

+1

Increasing the size of your implants from 275cc to either 350cc or 375cc implants will produce a significant difference in your appearance. However, determining the best size implant for you requires a thorough physical examination by your plastic surgeon and depends on the diameter of your breasts, quality of your tissues, and other factors in addition to the "look" you are trying to achieve. 

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Breast Implant Exchange

+1

As long as your doctor is OK with it, I would recommend the slightly larger 375 cc implant.  Patients will often state after surgery that they wish they had chosen a slightly larger implant.

Andrew P. Giacobbe, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Size of Breast Implant?

+1

Either 350 or 375 will work nicely.  Flip a coin.  My choice would be the 375 mid profile.  The mid profile give a better cleavage and certainly gives nearly the same projection as the high profile.  You will look great with this choice.  You, in fact look great at present , but if you choice is larger its 375 mid profile.  My Best,  Dr Commons..

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

350 vs. 375

+1

I think you being very reasonable in your size selection given your frame. If you want to be fuller and see a difference, a 100cc increase would be my reccommendation to give you look you want. Best of luck to you!

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD