Breast augmentation. Its been 4 weeks and I haven't notice any dropping . When will the implant finally look natural?

I was a Acup and opted for 450cc and my PS went over the muscle.I went w/Sientra mid profile silicone. Thanks. Any feedback will help. When will the implant finally look natural?Thanks!

BBA

Pictures of your chest and info regarding the implants/surgery technique would be helpful. Without this, it's very difficult to help you. It can take up to 6 months for your breasts to drop completely but I usually like this to happen sooner in my patients. You should discuss the use of a bandeau with your PS.

Sientra Breast Implants

Hi HelloHelp,
Keep your surgeon in the loop.  If your implants are smooth, they will drop over a period of months. Sometimes an elastic band over the top of the breasts will help this.  I already know you are seeing a board certified plastic surgeon because Sientra only sells to BC plastic surgeons (by ABPS - The American Board of Plastic Surgery) who are members of ASAPS (The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) and or a member of ASPS (The American Society of Plastic Surgeons). So that is great!
So share your concerns now but give it all a few more months.  All the best, "Dr. Joe"

Post-operative course following breast augmentation

Hi there

Very difficult to comment without pictures but the bottom line is that it can sometimes take many months for breast implants to settle so please do not worry.

Speak to your surgeon and discuss this but I am sure he/she would provide lots of reassurance

Implants not dropping

It can take up to several months for your implants to drop. That being said, probably a good idea to wear a band and to do implant massage on a regular basis.

When will the final result be seen after breast augmentation

It is very hard to say without photos or a physical exam. But, in general, it takes between 3 and 6 months for implants to soften and settle into their final position. This is seen more often with implants placed under the muscle than over the muscle, though. I don't have a great idea of your size, but unless you have a very broad chest wall, you might not ever have an extremely natural appearance. 450 cc implants are rather large for someone that starts with an A cup and putting the implants over the muscle doesn't generally provide the most natural look when using that big of an implant.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Time to drop

most patients will drop at 6-8 weeks but some can take longer. Being smaller to start means needing more time. Be patient and follow the advice of your ps

High breast implants

With a photo and more info (such as the style of implant; smooth? textured? etc), we could offer you an opinion.

Breast Implants

Hard to give you too much advice without before and after pictures but I really stress to patients that inflammation is dramatic and you need to wait the full 3 months to see your results

GOOD LUCK