I Had a Breast Aug in my Left Breast & Breast Lift in Both Breasts on 9/24. Is my Right Crease Incision Infected? (photo)

I am 12 days post-op. I saw my PS on Day 8 because my steri-strip on the right crease incision had filled with blood and become crusty. He removed the strips and placed new ones and said things looked okay. Today I noticed light blood spotting and what I am afraid is pus. I removed the strip myself and took this picture - there is also a small blister. Is this an infection? I am not scheduled to see my PS for another 10 days. In the meantime I have placed a new steri-strip over the crease.

Wound dehiscence

+2

Your wound has separated.  You should see your plastic surgeon and he will recommend a course of topicals and provide instructions.   I recommend that you reach out to your surgeon and see him sooner.  

Appears to be a superficial wound separation (dehiscence)

+1

Dear ibnewyork,

Your photo appears to show a superficial wound separation.  This may be from a suture spitting or something small like that.  It is ok to notify your plastic surgeon and see if he/she would like you to see their office earlier than your next post op.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD