Breast Augmentation 330cc's, 4'11, 115lbs. Will This Give Me a Natural Look? (photo)

I am having breast augmentation in August. Saline 330 cc's. I want to look as natural as possible and stay proportional with my body frame. I am 4"11 115lbs. What are your opinions? Do you think I will have clevage? Do you see any issues with the shape of my breasts that may affect my results? Any and all comments are welcome because while I hope for the best with my surgery, I am really scared I may not like the results. I have included a pic.

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Your picture demonstrates pleasant shaped breasts that should do very well with breast augmentation surgery. Cleavage should be achievable with an appropriately dissected pocket and appropriate size/profile breast implants.

Unfortunately,  it is not possible to give you precise advice regarding breast implant size that will best meet your goals. Communication with your plastic surgeon will be one of the keys to achieving the results you are looking for. Unfortunately, the use of words such as “natural” means different things to different people. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients.  With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well. 
I also use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison. 
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery.

Protect your relationship with your chosen surgeon and communicate carefully to maximize your satisfaction

+1

Hi there-

Without examining you and reviewing your goals with you carefully and in person, it would be impossible and even irresponsible for me to advise you on an implant...

In other words, the best person to reassure you that what you are planning is best for you, or to help you understand the alternatives available, is your surgeon.

Assuming you chose your surgeon for all of the right reasons (education, training, skill, experience, talent), and not the wrong ones, communicating carefully and following their advice will be your best bet.

Talk to your surgeon.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Right size implant

+1

I would re4commend going with silicone because I think it gives a more natural feel.I think you will get good cleavage and a nice recult.Whether a pocket can be made to accomodate 330 cc's remains to be seen but you will do well.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Natural look after augmentation

+1

Your photo shows breasts that have the potential for a great result after augmentation.  However, natural means different things to different people.  For instance, 300 cc implants in someone your size will give you breasts that are convex superiorly.  Natural (unaugmented) breasts are not convex above.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Discussion of breast implants

+1

A single photo does not give enough  information to properly advise you.  An in office exam and a discussion of your goals is key.

Implant size to achieve natural look

+1

I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Natural Look Following Breast Augmentation

+1

It appears from your photo that you can accomodate 330cc implants; however, there are other variables in achieving a "natural look".  Silicone implants are more likely to give this result than saline.  Also placement on the implants beneath the muscle is helpful.

John Whitt, MD