Im Having Breast Augmentation in on 30th May... How Soon Will I Be Able to Go to the Beach? And Have a Light Swim?

Beach Swimming after BA

+1
Recovery varies but if you are talking about the ocean on either coast (ie waves) I would wait at least 6 weeks for safety.

Going to the beach and swimming should be delayed for 2 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. It is important that you follow the directions of the plastic surgeon who performed your breast augmentation.

After Sub-glandular breast augmentation you certainly should be able to swim at the beach after 10 days to 2 weeks.

However after sub-muscular breast augmentation I would be concerned about the stress on your pectoralis muscle by the motions of swimming in suggest you wait 3-4 weeks.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Recovery after breast enlargement

+1
If you heal normally , you can go for a gentle swim after ten days. Sun exposure directly to the scar should be avoided until the redness subsides. If there is bruising then you need to avoid sun exposure to prevent skin discoloration.

Sanjay Parashar, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Swimming in the ocean after breast augmenation surgery

+1

I would recommend that patients wait at least 4-6 weeks after surgery before going swimming in the ocean. We want to make sure that your incisions are completely healed with no scabs to avoid any risk of infection.

Robert Heck, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Post op swimming activities after any type of surgey

+1

Ok, here it is in a nutshell. Do not immerse yourself in any type of water (bathtub, pool, river, ocean, etc) unless your wounds have completely healed. This means, there are no more openings of any kind or drainage of any kind. Otherwise, bacteria will enter and cause a multitude of problems and ultimately delay healing. So, please check with your PS before you decide to do any such activity.

Hope this helps,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Swimming after a breast augmentation

+1

The basis for all patients is no going into a pool, jacuzzi, or the ocean for at least 3-4 weeks after your breast augmentation. The wound is still healing at this point. However, every patient is different and some may require more healing time after their procedure. I would recommend that you discuss this with your plastic surgeon before doing any sort of swimming. If you swim when the wound hasn't fully healed, you risk developing an infection. 

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Activities after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you about postoperative activities. This may vary from one patient to another depending on how they do after surgery and whether or not they experience any complications. Receiving advice from online consultants is not a good idea,  given that your surgeon is responsible for your care  and will be able to give you the best advice.

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery.