Will a Breast Augmentation Alone Improve my Mild Tubular Breasts? (photo)

Hello, I believe that I have a mild case of tubular breasts. I would like my breasts to be more round in shape and have a smaller gap. Can this be achieved with an augmentation and scoring of the internal breast tissue alone? What would you recommend for me? I would like to avoid nipple scarring (I scar badly). I am 23 years old with no kids yet. Thank you.

Will a Breast Augmentation Alone Improve my Mild Tubular Breasts?

+2

My recommendations are HP/UHP implants with inferior "scoring" or riggotomies Plus fat grafting to inferior poles

Results Can be Good

+2

Thank you for your pictures. I think a modest augmentation and alteration of the breast tissue will give you a good breast shape.  Please choose a PS with experience in complicated breast surgery.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Tubular Breast

+2

I think you would do well with infra mammary placement of gel implants in the sub mammary position with scoring of the under surface of the breast.You are thin and rippling may be an issue with saline implants.The nipple areola complex is a little low on the breast but lowering the fold a little will compensate for this.

Regards

Mike Huntly MD FACS

Michael Huntly, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breast correction

+2

You would be a good candidate for the traditional treatment of a tubular breast deformity with radial scoring or you could consider a shaped contoured anatomic implant.  I believe that these will be the correct implant to use in the future to correct the problem of a short distance from the nipple to the inframammary crease.

Breast augmentation for mild tuberosity

+2

I think that your tuberosity is mild (look at some other patient photos on Real Self) and that augmentation alone will give you a nice result.  If you start out with reasonable appearing breasts, a priori, the result should be more pleasing that patients with an asymmetry, ptosis or other issues.  Honestly, it is a purely personal decision whether to even consider an augment in your case but only you can know your priorities.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast Augmentation only for Tuberous Breasts?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Although it is not possible to provide you with precise advice without direct consultation ( especially a full communication of your goals best achieved with goal pictures in my opinion),  I think you will have a very nice improvement in the appearance of your breast with breast augmentation surgery alone. Breast implants can be used to increase fullness generally, especially along the lower poles of the breast. You may find that the breast implants will also help  achieve more “cleavage” for you as well.

You will benefit from an in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. This consultation will allow for accurate advice that is best provided after a thorough history, physical examination, and a detailed discussion of your goals. There are a lot of factors to consider when making recommendations; for example your life circumstances ( planned pregnancies, psychosocial situation…) and tolerance for scars  are factors that should be taken into consideration by you and your plastic surgeon.

You may also find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about options.

Breast augmentation can correct tubularity of the breast.

+2

A breast augmentation with implants placed above the muscle should give you an excellent result. Your breasts are not particularly constricted but a release of the base might increase the width a bit if that is desired.

Will augmentation alone help my breasts be rounder and with less gap?

+1

Dear jane,

Yes, I believe you can get a very nice result with only augmentation with only manipulation of breast dimensions and no lift.  The implant width and height will be critical in your result. Makesure you visit a few Board certified surgeons and see their befor and after photos anD go wIthnwhoMyounare comfortable with.  The below is an example of breast dimension manipulation.

best wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Good result

+1

I believe you are a good candidate for breast Augmentation. type and size of implant should be discussed. you might also need scoring of breast tissue from inside.

Good Luck

M. Ryan Khosravi, MD

Surgery

+1

I think you will do well with just breast augmentation. the choice of implants saline vs. silicone/gummy bear and the shape/style, and placement submuscular vs. subglandular is far more important

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS