Breast Augmentation Results Didn't Go As Discussed

I had a breast augmentation 10 days ago. It went great, but I'm not happy. During the 1st visit, I didn't know what I wanted, so I just listened to the doctor's ideas. But at the 2nd visit, I brought some photos, tried on larger implants and agreed on a size. He said I had plenty of tissue and wouldn't have problems. Now, after the surgery, they look much closer to the size he originally suggested. I've also noticed they don't have the globe look that I asked for. I'm not sure what to do. I don't feel he delivered what was discussed. I think he was conservative and I ended up too small. Suggestions?

Too Early after Breast Augmentation

+2

You are very early in the recovery process and very difficult to tell how you are going to shape out. It takes about 2 months time before the breasts start shaping up and really at 4 months time you will achieve your final results.

The breast change a lot specially if the implants were place behind the muscle. So sit tight and take it easy, start worrying at 4 months time, if you are not happy then.

Hope that reassures you a bit.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-breastaugmentation-breastimplants-newport-beach.php

Breast size after augmentation

+1
It is common for patients to second guess their implant size selection after surgery, usually to regret not having gone larger. You are still early in the healing process so give things a chance to settle down. You may see that globe effect later, although I will say that this is a big giveaway of an augment and many of my patients prefer a more subtle result that doesn't shout implants!

Breast augmentation results?

+1

At your stage recovery is very common for patients to be concerned about their results (being too big or too small).  Often after a period of 3 to 6 months those same patients are quite pleased with the results of their surgery.

For patients planning on presentation surgery...it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Ten days after surgery is too soon to judge breast implant augmentation result

+1

Ten days after surgery is too soon to judge breast implant augmentation result. Give it more time (6 months) for swelling to settile and your "globe-like" result may become more apparent. IF not you may require further augmentation.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Let breast augmentation results mature before another surgery

+1

I would let the result mature before considering any more surgery. At 10 days the breasts are not much like they will ultimately end up. Many patients with their first operation especially "fluff" or expand as the tissues relax after surgery. This can take a few months.

Meanwhile talk with your surgeon and see what he says about the discussion you describe. Maybe you can come up with a game plan.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Talk with your plastic surgeon

+1

You are very early in the helaing process and won't see your final results for weeks to months. Explain your concerns to your plastic surgeon but allowing appropriate time to heal is important most certainly before trying to go to a larger implant size.

Dr Edwards

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.