Can a Breast Augmentation Give a Good Result for Ptosis? (photo)

I've added this question so I could put some more photos on, I don't want a lift as I really don't want the scars but is it pointless having just an implant. I've been told two things from two surgeons, one an implant over at 375cc and the other either a lift or just a large implant 525cc under the muscle, which I also don't want. Even the 375 looked quite large to me so I certainly wouldn't want to go bigger than that. I only want to achieve a good full look without a rock in a sock look.

Breast augmentation and lift

+1

Given your preferences for a more conservative implant, I would likely suggest a dual plane augmentation with a breast lift.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

A breast lift with implants is likely your best option. Implants alone do not lift breasts.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

A breast lift with implants is likely your best option. Implants alone do not lift breasts. Breast implants restore lost volume but do not provide lift.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast Lift or just Breast Augmentation

+1

Breast Implants are just fillers.  Without a lift, you will have large sagging breast.  Breast Implants do not change the shape of your breast.  Yes, you need a lift.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Can a Breast Aug Give a Good Result for Ptosis?Answr:

+1

I think you need a lift. Look how much distance you have from your collar bone to your nipple...In order to get the implant situated under the nipple where it should be, means it will be really, really low....You need your nipple and breast brought up to a better position....

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Can Breast Augmentation Give a Good Result for Ptosis?

+1

You NEED a lift. Sorry. You can do the lift at the same time as the implants,or do the implants after the lift is done. I do them together all the time, and have a very low revision rate. Best of Luck to you!

James E. Chappell, MD

+1

Thanks for the series of posted photos. Wishing for something can not guarantee you will get it. Based on the photos you need a lift with an implant. You need a realistic expectation approach to the issue. Please consult more PSs in person to hear it many times that an implant alone will not solve your issues. 

Breast lift or implants

+1

You certainly appear to have excess skin and looseness of the skin with loss of volume. Of course the procedures that are indicated would be dictated by what you desire as an end result and what risks and side effects you are willing to accept or tolerate. A careful consultation with a plastic surgeon should clarify your goals. A lift itself will not increase fullness or volume, but an implant alone will likely be a mismatch either in relationship to the existing soft tissue (too high) or in relationship to the location of the breast on your chest (too low). I would suspect that a formal examination would verify the need for both a lift and an implant to give you a result that is acceptable to you. I would judge the need for a lift to be priority over an implant,so you could do that first and add an implant later.

Robin T.W. Yuan,M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Is a breast lift necessary?

+1

From your photos, there is no question you need a lift in addition to the implant. You will have significant problems with just an implant above or below the muscle. You issues are two-fold - excess skin and loss of breast tissue. Thus, you need to correct both. Using one approach to try and fix problems will only cause you more harm than good. No patient wants additional scarring, but you definitely don't want a bad result. If it doesn't make sense to you, there is probably a good reason.

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast Lift “Necessary”?

+1

Unfortunately, you will not like the answer; to achieve an aesthetically pleasing breast shape, breast lifting will be necessary. Breast augmentation surgery alone will not suffice.  If you undergo breast augmentation only you will end up with continued loose/redundant skin along the lower poles of the breasts OR  very low riding breasts.  Either result will not be acceptable.

If you decide that breast lifting is not an operation that you wish to undergo at this time, it would be best for you not to have any surgery done.

You will need a lift

+1

Although a proper physical exam is needed from the photos it appears that you will need a breast lift to achieve aesthetic results. An implant alone will have to be very large to fill in the empty breast tissue and that heavy implant will actually may worsen the condition since the already in elastic tissues will continue to sag making it necessary to have a lift.

You could have an breast augmentation and if not satisfied with the results follow it with a lift but I would not recommend going with the large implants.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon