What Can I Do if I Have a Breast Augmentation with General Anesthesia in 4 Days and I Have Sore Throat?

My surgery is this Monday and I'm very worry! I have sore throat. What can I do? Please help me! (sorry for my English)

What to do - Sore Throat and Breast Augmentation in 4 days

+2

Breast Augmentation is an "I WANT" surgery NOT an "I NEED" surgery. Since risks and complications are inextricably associated with all procedures and operations, it is very important to avoid taking needless risks when the operation is not urgent and life saving. When your throat hurts you may have either a bacterial or viral infection. Putting you to sleep in the face of a throat infection can result in serious complications affecting your lungs and  may even kill you. 

In the interest of safety, I would postpone your surgery to a better and healthier time.

Memphis, TN

Ask your surgeon

+1
It is safer to be free of any sore throat or cold prior to surgery. Your surgery may need to be postponed, so please tell your surgeon as soon as possible.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Sore throat and impending breast augmentation surgery

+1

Due to your sore throat and impending surgery, you need to be evaluated ASAP by your primary care physician and also notify your plastic surgeon. If there is an infection or high probability of an infection, surgery should be cancelled.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Sore throat and surgery

+1

If you are not feeling well and have a sore throat it is important to get evaluated by a doctor. If you are not feeling well, surgery may have to be cancelled.

Breast augmentation is an elective cosmetic surgery. Don't let a sore throat place you at unnecessary risk.

+1

If you have fever, chills, or a productive cough, there is a good chance you will need to postpone your surgery.  Discuss this with your plastic surgeon as soon as possible.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation with Sore Throat?

+1

Ask this question of your plastic surgeon  who will be able to guide you more precisely than online consultants. It may be in your best interests to be seen by your primary care physician to diagnose ( and potentially treat) the cause of the sore throat.  If an active infection is present, it will be in your best interests to postpone surgery.

Sore throat

+1

Contact your surgeon immediately. Only he or she can tell you what you can do and if you can proceed with your surgery.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Elective surgery if you are sick

+1

If you are having issues such as a sore throat, or any other illness, it is best to contact your surgeon immediately so that they can determine if it is safe to proceed with surgery, or if it would be better to postpone it for a week or so. With elective surgery such as this, it isn't worth it to take extra risks-- safety is the number one priority for you.

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Preop sore throat

+1

You should call your plastic surgeon immediately and report that you are ill.  Patients who have viruses should not undergo elective, cosmetic surgery and the surgery will probably need to be delayed.  This is in your best interests, particularly as anesthesia is involved.  I know that it is an inconvenience but know that it happens to patients all the time. I'm sure that your surgeon will be able to find a time in the schedule within a few weeks so you can have the procedure.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

You need to be seen first

+1

Talk to your doctor and let them know. If you are sick you should not have elective cosmetic surgery

William B. Rosenblatt, MD