Breast Augmentation for Saggy Breast? (photo)

Hi There, I am thinking of having Breast Augmentation as my breast are saggy due to weight Loss, I know that Mastopexy may be the option for me but I don`t really fancy so many scars specially when I am only 31 years old and have not had children. Also I do not want to go big so I am not sure how many CC would be equivalent to either cup C or D. Your advice would be much appreciated.

A lift is necessary

+3

You really need the lift as placing an implant alone will not restore a nice aesthetic result. It will create more volume in the lower portion, increasing the "sag". A lift alone that can be done with shorter scars will restore a nice shape and redistribute the volume where it is needed . A small implant could be considered for better upper volume, but keep in mind, it will make you larger!

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Lift necessary

+2

You will need a lift. It may be as little as a circumareola but it may be more like a vertical lift. Best to be seen in person.

Do I have to have a lift?

+2

Hello.  I realize that the scars from a lift is not appealing, but from your front photo, it seems that you are a candidate for a breast augmentation with a mastopexy.  Is your arm raised a bit in the second photo because from this view, your breast does not appear to be as droopy. If you go the route of just an augmentation, I fear that you will have excess breast tissue hanging off of the implant and that is also not aesthetically appealing.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon at a physical exam and go over your best options from there. Keep in mind that there are many treatments for scars which I'm sure will be discussed at your consultation.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation for Saggy Breasts?

+2

Hi 

It is always difficult to give accurate advise without examining you, but based on the photos you have attached I would definitely recommend a lift along with your augmentation.

To get a lift with an implant only, you will need a very large implant to help "kick up" the lower pole of your breast. If you don't want to go too big, then a sensible sized implant won't do that. 

My recommendation would be a subfascial implant pocket through an inframammary incision. Then using a tailor-tacking technique, plan a mastopexy to lift the breasts and sit them on top of the implant. Don't stress about the extra scarring, but rather achieving a breast that has great shape and form.

Lastly, roughly speaking 100cc is equivalent to 1 cup size.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation for Saggy Breast?

+2

Thank you for your question and for the posted photos. I think your questions are best answered in the setting of an in person consultation.

Photos are helpful, but in a borderline setting such as this, an exam is essential in offering advice. On the frontal view, I would say that a lift is essential, but on the side view it looks like a 50/50 call.

The issue with not doing a lift when one is "needed" is the real possibility of a very unsatisfactory outcome with the natural breast tissue draping off the implant, the solution for which is a lift. 

If the incisions for a lift make this a "no go" it might be better to postpone thoughts of surgery until you can accept those, perhaps after child-bearing. However, an examining surgeon may feel that implants alone may give a good result. I just can't tell from the photos alone.

All the best. 

Breast Augmentation for Saggy Breast?

+2

Hello 2013yrodrigez

I think you will have a more aesthetic breast with an implant an breast lift.  Without a breast lift the breast tissue will just look like it is falling off the implant.  Yos are qwuite young and the scars from the breast lift will fade away to minimal after a period of time.

All the best

Stephen Salerno

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy unnecessary many times with breast augmentation.

+2

The modest amount of ptosis of the breasts associated with the desire for a fairly sizable breast augmentation probably means no mastopexy will be necessary. I recommend silicone gel implants in a sub glandular position.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Breast Augmentation for Saggy Breast?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Given your psychosocial situation, stage, scar aversion,  probability of having pregnancies in the future, and the position of your breasts on your chest wall, you may wish to postpone having any type of surgery at this time. Understanding that many patients decide to have breast surgery when timing is not “ideal”, the ideal time to undergo breast lifting surgery ( in terms of helping to minimize the need for additional surgery) would be when patients have completed pregnancies, have achieved a long-term stable weight,  are psychosocially stable, financially stable, and completely self-motivated.

Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations and the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

When it comes to selection of the “best” breast implant size/profile to meet patient's goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Again, please make sure that you have the appropriate procedure performed (if any); otherwise, I would not be surprised if you will be undergoing additional breast surgery in the relatively near future.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

The lift will help

+2

As much as I know you would like to avoid further incisions and scars, I think you would be happiest doing the implants and lift together. As was mentioned before, you don't want the implant to sit too high and the breast fall off. You are definitely a candidate for a short scar reduction which would result in a lollipop type scar. Best of Luck!

Asymmetry and Ptosis is Usually Best Corrected Using a Breast Lift

+2

From your photos it is apparent that you do have a moderate amount of ptosis or sagging, especially on your right side.  In addition to the ptosis, you have asymmetry or unevenness.  Breast implants alone may make the appearance of the ptosis and asymmetry more apparent and leave you unsatisfied with the results.  A good way to correct asymmetry and ptosis is with a breast lift and implants, using different volumes.  There are many different scar options available and during your examination your surgeon should be able to discuss the different techniques with you.  Be sure to ask about circumferential and vertical incision options, including a different technique for each breast to correct the asymmetry. 

Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon