Breast Augmentation for Assymetrical Breasts?

I had a ba done 5 weeks ago. The left breast was lifted and an implant of 290 cc was put in. My left breast got 430 cc in, there was at least a cup size different before. The right one dropped immediately and is rounding out. The left did drop but it still looks although bigger than before, it isn't as round. Will it round out more? I feel like my right breast kee

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Surgery?

+2

As you can imagine, it is very difficult to give you any type of precise advice or reassurance  without direct examination or viewing pictures. Given that you are only 5 weeks out of your operation,  you can expect continued changes to occur. Hopefully, these changes will result in improved symmetry of your breasts.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise you after direct examination. He/she will also be able to rule out  and treat any complication that may be contributing to breast asymmetry.

+2

It is hard to answer this without the chance to look at photos, preferably before and after your surgery. 

A lot will change  over the next 2 months or so. Your breasts were obviously quite different before surgery, and will never look exactly the same. The smaller left breast would be expected to take longer to stretch and adapt to the implant.

Stay in touch with your surgeon, best wishes.

Augmentation for Asymmetrical Breasts

+1

It is still much too early after your surgery to determine what your results will be.  The body is divided into right and left sides and either side will react and heal differently after surgery.  As you heal you may notice more or less swelling in one breast compared with the other.  Be patient and give your body time to heal. Be sure to follow up with your surgeon should you have any concerns and follow all your post-operative instructions provided.

Frank Lista, MD

Breast Asymmetry After Augmentation

+1

Dear Jennifer,

It is not uncommon that your breasts recover at a different pace and so asymmetry in size and position could be exhibited.

At 5 weeks post-op, your are still at an early stage in the recovery race and it is for your best interest to be patient and to follow your surgeon's post-op instructions religiously especially massaging your implants.

Nonetheless, it is not a bad idea to keep your surgeon in the loop of your recovery process.

I hope this helps and congratulations on your surgery.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian 

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Results 5 Weeks After BA

+1

It's impossible to tell anything from your description. You really would need to include photos of before and after. 5 weeks is very early after the surgery. You really need to wait at least 3 months before you can make any real judgement.

Ronald Schuster, MD