Breast Augmentation for 16-17 year old lady?

I am currently 16 y/o turning 17 soon. I started my period at age 11 and my breasts have been the same size for 3 years; my weight has also. I am 5'11" and 148 lbs. My gynecologist said that my breasts are finished developing and I barely fit a B. My right breast basically fills the cup, however my left breast is slightly smaller and does not fill the cup. My parents are supportive and we have discussed this topic for the past 2 months. The question is, will a surgeon perform this operation?

Teenage breast augmentation

+2
Sounds like you might be a good candidate. There are a lot of factors that play on the decision of breast augmentation during female years such us family support, mature approach, and psychological factors. Find a board certified plastic surgeon and meet with him along with your parents. At this age is better to be a family decision. Best to you

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

It sounds like you have spent a great deal of time considering surgery!

+2
I would recommend that you set up a consult with your family.  Typically your mother is the most likely to accompany you to the consult but both can.  This will give you a better understanding of the process.Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation under 18

+2
Although not typical, there are always exceptions to the rules. If during your consultation you seem to be a good candidate and you have parental consent, you should be able to undergo the procedure. 

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+2
Thank you for your question. While it sounds like that you are a candidate for a breast augmentation I would recommend that you wait until the age of 18 to have the surgery. As you get closer to 18 years of age you can set up a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Being less than 22 years of age limits you to saline implants, because silicone implants are not approved for patients less than 22 years old. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation in a 17yo

+2
We typically do not perform breast augmentation in any woman under the age of 18 unless there are deveopmental concerns such as marked asymmetry.  I would suggest you wait until you are 18 as the American Plastic Surgery Society recommends.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

With Parental Consent

+2
If you have the support of your parents and you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon who believes you are reasonable in your expectations of what surgery will be like, I believe that you would be able to have surgery.  This would be dependent on what the discussion is at your consultation.  

Good luck.

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast aug

+1

I don't recommend this at your age because your body it's still going through a lot of changes.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation in less than 18

+1
I respectfully think you should wait till your 18th birthday.  This is a life choice, and you should be of legal age.  There are many factors that can increase your breast size before that time.

Dan Mills, MD

Breast augmentation at 17

+1
I think it is reasonable to consider performing surgery on you before the age of 18. You have breasts which are small and asymmetrical and your parents are supportive. However, a sensible and safe surgeon would adopt a team approach in your case rather than make the decision in isolation. This may involve liaising with your gynaecologist, a psychologist, a breast specialist and possibly fellow plastic surgeons. The pros and cons of your case could then be evaluated as a team and a joint decision arrived at with you and your parents.     

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation for under 18 years old

+1
I understand your concerns and know that this is not only a cosmetic issue but can be an emotional one as well. Without examining you, I cannot determine the size difference in your breasts. It is not uncommon for your breasts vary in size, but a large difference in size may warrant a need for surgery at an earlier age. I would make sure to have an honest conversation with your Board-certified plastic surgeon. Every individual and their needs are different, and a good surgeon will listen and help you decide what to do with your parents' support. Most breast implant companies will not warranty their implants for patients under the age of 21 or 22 (depending on the company) so if this is important to you, I would check with your surgeon. I wish you luck in your decision.

Mark E. Mason, MD